cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

New to BT, can't get on to Prime Video

Go to solution

Hi - 

Don't know if anyone has any advice. I've just been set up with BT Full Fibre today and can't get the app for Amazon Prime to work. I've connected and logged in, I can see all my history etc and it lets me browse the titles. But any time I hit play it displays the spinning circle for loading, then the show content warnings, then just hangs on a black screen.

I've got Netflix running fine. The connection is good. Everything is connected by ethernet cable (mode - set top box - TV). I've reset the box and I've deregistered and re-registered it on my Prime account as per advice in other forum posts. But none of that has helped.

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: New to BT, can't get on to Prime Video

Go to solution

Update:  Pretty weird. I just found out that if I hit the down button on the remote while the screen is frozen black I can see thumbnail frames of the program I'm trying to watch at the bottom of the screen - as if I was going to fast forward through them. I can use the forward and back buttons on the remote and skip through the thumbnail frames at the bottom of the screen, but can't press play or do anything to actually watch the program. No matter where I stop fast forwarding, the main TV screen stays black, and the "play" button does nothing at all.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Are you using a BT Pro Box? If so, try updating the apps and also running a software update... 

If it's a new box, it may have shipped without the latest software/app updates 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for responding ... yeah, I tried that, it didn't help either. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

is frame rate matching on? if so, switch it off.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply ... frame rate matching was off but it turns out HDMI Picture setting was set to UHD 50fps - changing that to 1080p fixed my problem. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Weird I was only having problems with Amazon Prime - Netflix and live tv all fine.

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @mrfresh I'm glad you go sorted, thanks for posting back with the solution.

Neil

0 Ratings