cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jam2000
Expert
Message 1 of 5

New updated app

Does anyone know when the new updated app will be launched? Looking forward to watching recordings on the go.
4 REPLIES 4
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: New updated app

I think August/September was the last estimated release date I heard. But like all things this depends on testing etc

jam2000
Expert
Message 3 of 5

Is there a list of new features?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Not that i have seen, just this old article :-

http://www.seenit.co.uk/bt-world-first-dolby-atmos-sports-broadcast-could-be-followed-by-films-and-t...

'The all-new HTML 5 app will be instantly accessible via a menu shortcut and will allow BT to offer curated viewing suggestions and showcase selected content based on viewers’ past watching habits. It will also bring together all forms of related content within the app, for example displaying all paid-for and catch-up content for a given TV series side by side.

Later next year a revamped tablet and smartphone app will be rolled out, bringing the same features and content available within the set top box app to mobile devices.

Customers will also be able to hop between watching a rented or purchased film or TV programme on their both and smartphone or tablet and the app will be further updated at a future point to allow recordings to be downloaded for mobile viewing.'

the picture of the mobile app has the same 'MyTV' section as appears in the next gen update so hopefully that will include the scheduled and recorded items on the box, of course this is just a picture and doesn't for a minute suggest you can play them also so will just have to wait and see. Also presuming the guide tab also let you switch straight to a live 'extra' channels as you can do now on the exisiting app.

ney
Expert
Message 5 of 5

I'm hoping for the BT TV app as well as the Youview app to get updated. Last I heard they said the summer we are now in to the summer. Think it maybe the end of the summer now before we see app updates.

Darren
0 Ratings