Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 548

Next generation YouView feedback discussion

Hi Everyone,

Over the last few months the community have supplied a massive amount of feedback in relation to next gen YouView.  Thank you, this is much appreciated Smiley Wink

While it may not have been clear on the next gen thread, that we were paying attention, I can assure you that we are and we hope you can continue to let us know, what you think of the new software and what you would like to see in future software releases.

Since the initial launch we have listened to feedback and implemented some changes, a couple of the main ones are,

>  Improved My TV screen

>  Back journey from My TV (if you remember that when you watched a single episode from a series when it ended it would take your back out into live TV), now it goes back to the series recording.

>  And coming soon, the hide channel function will return, which we appreciate was a popular request

Please use this thread as a platform to comment on what you would like to see in future software updates.  While we may not comment on each bit of feedback that is posted, all of it will be going to the TV team and YouView so we can make improvements.

Thanks to everyone for your participation so far and we look forward to reading more of your invaluable comments.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
547 REPLIES
speedtrip
Expert
Message 2 of 548

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion

1. Being able to step back & forth in (long) recordings by a specified amount of time - please implement again !

[Even 30* FF is very slow when moving forward in a 4 hour BSB / WSBk / MotoGP recording ...]

2. The actions that were availlable for a Programme or Recording is very useful when displaying its Info. Please restore.

3. Never again launch a regressed product with a fanfare of hype !

cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 548

Fix the sound problem when viewing BT Sport on IPTV. The sound is fine when viewing a recording but drops out when viewing live.

0 Ratings
ChrisB
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 548

Allow the clock to be set to 24 hour format.
0 Ratings
Martyfp68
Contributor
Message 5 of 548

The main one for me is that I really miss the mini-TV screen when viewing the guide.   The transparency effort is not very effective and it would be good to be able to have the old PIP tv-screen back.

Niko1
Contributor
Message 6 of 548

If we could go back to the old software, that would be a great improvement.
billybob99
Contributor
Message 7 of 548

Netflix 5.1 to work 4k is working but no dolby 5.1 seems a bit poor

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 8 of 548

Old chestnut, but here goes - Manual Recording function, and, the ability to buffer pre and after EPG timings. This has been requested so often and not acted on. 

EPG updated in realtime rather than in batch format. 

Facility to store recordings offline and repatriate to the box for playback, enabling a much larger recording store space. 

Improved quality of catchup content UHD is as aired. Make HD and SD similarly stored. The existing filmic low frame rate HD and SD is so poor that I choose not to use. 

more later. 

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 9 of 548

@speedtrip wrote:

1. Being able to step back & forth in (long) recordings by a specified amount of time - please implement again !

[Even 30* FF is very slow when moving forward in a 4 hour BSB / WSBk / MotoGP recording ...]

2. The actions that were availlable for a Programme or Recording is very useful when displaying its Info. Please restore.

3. Never again launch a regressed product with a fanfare of hype !

Seconded esp that jump to time point 1

I'd add

4. Remove that mainly opaque fog at the bottom of the screen

5. Restore the ability to see digitally where you are in the live pause buffer

6. Restore viewing of recordings as lists showing at the same time how many episodes in each (doesn't have to be instead of tiles, can be like Sky-Q as well as tiles)

Functions I'd very much like to see added (but to be fair were never present)

a)  end that imposed forced standby after at most 12 hours

b)  allow series recordings to stay in place even if there are no instances in the planner (eg Match of the Day)

c) allow on demand programmes to appear as recordings in My BT so they can be downloaded in the background

andy_m1
Contributor
Message 10 of 548

What I'd really like is the option to turn off that bar that now appears when you turn youview on and shows a few programmes that are "on now". It takes a button press to remove before I can do what I've switched on to do which is almost definitely not to watch what's on now on BBC, ITV, 4, 5 or AMC - I have hd versions of all of those, for a start, and besides that I have a full guide if I want to know what's on. Its just a nuisance.

Also a direct button press on the remote to go straight to "My TV" would be nice.

That and hide channels, which is coming soon, are about it for me.