Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 101 of 654

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion

@Stevek1311 wrote:

Well we have today for BT boxes the All New 29.27 update https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/bt-software-update-29-27-0 that is supposed to provide channel editing and bug fixes

Unless of course you are using a DTRT-1000 who aren't getting it (but of course we are supposedly assured are in no way a problem to Next Gen)

I'll wait for the return of the 'jump to position' feature in a recorded programme before cracking open the champagne.  The bottle is now getting incredibly dusty. 

Stevek1311
Expert
Message 102 of 654

@Jim-lad wrote:

@Stevek1311 wrote:

Well we have today for BT boxes the All New 29.27 update https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/bt-software-update-29-27-0 that is supposed to provide channel editing and bug fixes

Unless of course you are using a DTRT-1000 who aren't getting it (but of course we are supposedly assured are in no way a problem to Next Gen)

I'll wait for the return of the 'jump to position' feature in a recorded programme before cracking open the champagne.  The bottle is now getting incredibly dusty. 

Quite

Not only not addressing that issue they have further promulgated the fault they introduced in 28.26 where the Live Pause buffer does not work if you are recording a programme at the same time.  A problem in 28.26 they were told about on the YouView forum on June 24th.

For record BT please get YV to fix this live pause fault that seriously degrades the box as a live pause machine 

That Humax 5000 box gets more tempting every day.  It just can't be worse than what they've done to YouView

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 103 of 654

@Stevek1311 wrote:

@Jim-lad wrote:

@Stevek1311 wrote:

Quite

Not only not addressing that issue they have further promulgated the fault they introduced in 28.26 where the Live Pause buffer does not work if you are recording a programme at the same time.  A problem in 28.26 they were told about on the YouView forum on June 24th.

For record BT please get YV to fix this live pause fault that seriously degrades the box as a live pause machine 

That Humax 5000 box gets more tempting every day.  It just can't be worse than what they've done to YouView

Regarding the FVP5000T.  It's simply a repackaged version of the FVP4000T with a few new features added and given the problems that has suffered with I would be careful what you wish for. 

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 104 of 654

Update to the above comment by me on Live Pause fault

This has now been cured by use of a Full Factory Reset (which deletes everything)  Interesting that a fresh from factory box should have needed such a reset after it immediately updated to 28.26 software but there you go.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 105 of 654

@Stevek1311 wrote:

This has now been cured by use of a Full Factory Reset (which deletes everything)  Interesting that a fresh from factory box should have needed such a reset after it immediately updated to 28.26 software but there you go.

I haven't as yet got the update so in some ways you're lucky.  I cannot understand why we need to have the glacial update rollouts.  BT may not make use of OTA updates but now Internet speeds are much better why oh why the staggered roll outs?

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 106 of 654

@Jim-lad wrote:

@Stevek1311 wrote:

I haven't as yet got the update so in some ways you're lucky.  I cannot understand why we need to have the glacial update rollouts.  BT may not make use of OTA updates but now Internet speeds are much better why oh why the staggered roll outs?

Well I spoke too soon. A day later that fault returned.  Re updates which box type do you have

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 107 of 654

@Stevek1311 wrote:

@Jim-lad wrote:

@Stevek1311 wrote:

Well I spoke too soon. A day later that fault returned.  Re updates which box type do you have

My box (2100) is obviously listening to me because it's updated to the latest version today

0 Ratings
andy_m1
Contributor
Message 108 of 654

Ok so I have 29.27 and have been able to put my epg back in the sort of state that it was in before next generation. For me now all I really want is two things. Firstly I'd like my guide to be mirrored when I scroll through channels - hiding them in the guide but still having to scroll through them when watching live tv seems to miss the point a bit. Secondly I'd like the option to remove the what's on now bar that appears whenever you switch the box on as this just delays me getting to where I want to go.

I know others will have other priorities but those two for me will pretty much get me back to where I want to be.
0 Ratings
Awesomeunicorn
Beginner
Message 109 of 654

Having been an avid customer of virgin for so long and switching across to BT there are a number of basics which are so useful which BT don't appear to have
• when you fast forward and over shoot the program virgin/sky starts playing from the start of the program we have to rewind it back with BT TV
•deleted programs I recently deleted a program accidentally, no problem I thought surely there is a recently deleted file as I am used to ... erm wait No!
• where is Fox for the walking dead, how can you have fear of the walking dead and not air the channel that has the original program. Oh yes and sky 1 missing that too?!?
• the search on BT tv is not great why can I not put a program series to record that is not actually airing so I don't miss the start of the new series???
•The search results don't appear to list the newest program first so we've been taping an old series this should be clearer
•the number of shows you can record

All in all a bit disappointed am sure there will be more bullets as we get uswd to the box at the moment we are relying on alternative methods to view our favourite shows which makes the BT TV a bit redundant not good when you are wanting viewers to pay don't get me started on the internet!
0 Ratings
siteguru
Expert
Message 110 of 654

@andy_m1 wrote:
Secondly I'd like the option to remove the what's on now bar that appears whenever you switch the box on as this just delays me getting to where I want to go.

It is annoying, but I'm now in the habit of just immediately pressing the Close button after the box comes on and that gets rid of it straight away. 🙂

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings