Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 531 of 654

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion

@Jim-ladwrote:

I decided some time ago that BT/Youview are not really interested in listening to their customers unless it chimes with their own narrative.  That is why I gave notice to quit at then end of my contract in 2 months time.

Judging by how many times you've posted that fact far and wide, I think the entire world wide web knows what your going to do by now.

Though I think your intent of declaration of cancellation that ended up on a Canadian website may have confused them a bit....

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 532 of 654

My cancellation order for BT TV completed a week ago but still running Youview at the moment on 2 boxes , an Ultra (with a 1TB HDD) on OldGen & a T2100 on NextGen (Smiley Frustrated).

Still not sure what route I'm going to take.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 533 of 654

I would say prime is the most easy thing to switch to you can still watch Discovery and pay extra for wildlife channels. NOW TV is good although avoid paying full price. Netflix obviously, has has more stuff than you could watch in a lifetime.
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 534 of 654

@Keyinfernowrote:

@Jim-ladwrote:

I decided some time ago that BT/Youview are not really interested in listening to their customers unless it chimes with their own narrative.  That is why I gave notice to quit at then end of my contract in 2 months time.

Judging by how many times you've posted that fact far and wide, I think the entire world wide web knows what your going to do by now.

Though I think your intent of declaration of cancellation that ended up on a Canadian website may have confused them a bit....

That's why it's called the World Wide Web.  I'm in two minds whether to keep the box running after my contract expires, start using our Humax 2000T again or purchase a 5000T. 

Freesat has also announced a new partnership to launch an all singing and dancing Freesat G3 UHD box to include a full range of streaming services, so that's another purchase regardless.

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 535 of 654

@Jim-ladwrote 
Freesat has also announced a new partnership to launch an all singing and dancing Freesat G3 UHD box.

Have they? What UHD channels will that get then?

But snarks aside, I'd deffo go for a Freetime from Freesat box over a 5000T, as FFF always gets glowing reviews.

FVP almost never.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 536 of 654

@Keyinfernowrote:

@Jim-ladwrote 
Freesat has also announced a new partnership to launch an all singing and dancing Freesat G3 UHD box.

Have they? What UHD channels will that get then?

But snarks aside, I'd deffo go for a Freetime from Freesat box over a 5000T, as FFF always gets glowing reviews.

FVP almost never.

http://www.a516digital.com/2018/09/arris-to-develop-next-gen-uhd-freesat.html

I've had my current Freesat 1000s for years - trouble free.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 537 of 654

@Jim-ladwrote: 

Such reports aren't unusual and in truth are the norm. Its a top box. If they added more on demand services such that YouView has, it could be a platform killer. But I'd ignore that A516 blog, as there are a few inaccuracies in it.

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 538 of 654

@Keyinfernowrote:

@Jim-ladwrote: 

Such reports aren't unusual and in truth are the norm. Its a top box. If they added more on demand services such that YouView has, it could be a platform killer. But I'd ignore that A516 blog, as there are a few inaccuracies in it.

I've heard good of FreeSat boxes too but the weakness with Sat delivered TV is it is far more sensitive to bad weather than terrestial delivery.  If I had to choose between Sat or Terrestial for just one recording box I might plump for the terrestial but then why choose when it's easy to have both?

0 Ratings
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 539 of 654

@Stevek1311wrote:

@Keyinfernowrote:

@Jim-ladwrote: 

I've heard good of FreeSat boxes too but the weakness with Sat delivered TV is it is far more sensitive to bad weather than terrestial delivery.  If I had to choose between Sat or Terrestial for just one recording box I might plump for the terrestial but then why choose when it's easy to have both?

Not true in my experience.  I have both and I can recall one example in 10 years when I’ve any interference with my satellite signal. Terrestrial signals are far more prone to weather. 

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 540 of 654

@Stevek1311wrote:

@Keyinfernowrote:

@Jim-ladwrote: 

several million satellite subscribers still seem to get by OK! you need a serious rain storm to cause rain fade in my experience and that only lasts a few seconds normally.

0 Ratings