Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 591 of 654

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion

@TimCurtiswrote:

. . ..Remove the latest change to the guide , the mini-info box. Initially it didn't bother me but now I find it rather annoying. If I need info I'll press the info button. . . ..

Nah, works fine for me

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 592 of 654

I'm puzzled regarding the right arrow discussion showing the time bar. Pressing the ok button does the same thing.
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 593 of 654

As does pressing the Play button.
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 594 of 654

@Jim-ladwrote:
I'm puzzled regarding the right arrow discussion showing the time bar. Pressing the ok button does the same thing.

Well I never knew that or about the Play button - both of which are easier - so I'm glad I started this conversation.Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 595 of 654

@TimCurtiswrote:

@Jim-ladwrote:

Well I never knew that or about the Play button - both of which are easier - so I'm glad I started this conversation.Smiley LOL

So how did you access the time bar before learning about the arrow, okay and play button method?

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 596 of 654

@Jim-lad

I should have made my comment a bit clearer - I never knew about the Play or OK buttons showing the time bar. I obviously knew about the right arrow as that was what my mini-rant was about.

0 Ratings
faa77
Message 597 of 654

-Recordings of football matches which go in to extra time should have the extra time recorded automatically

-I should not see "Internet unavailable" when I go to watch a recorded programme (which lies on the hard drive)

-I should not see "Recording unavailable" when a programme has recorded and I try to play it

-If I record two channels with the box off, upon turning the box on, you should not take me to one of the two recording channels, you should take me to a "dummy channel" in case the two recordings are sports events, which spoils the result.

-Sometimes I record say all French Ligue football. I then realise it's rubbish and I want to cancel the entire "series" of recordings, current and future. However, it doesn't seem to be easy to undo the recording of the entire "series".

0 Ratings
Highlighted
faa77
Message 598 of 654

Forgot one:

I cannot remember if it's live TV or a recording, but for one of them I can only skip forward 1 minute or backward 15 seconds. Can you please get rid of this, get rid of skipping and just make it fast forward like Sky: x2, x6, x12 or x30 in either direction.

0 Ratings
faa77
Message 599 of 654

@Jim-ladwrote:

@OldNo1wrote:

1. Lose the tiles, return to lists for recordings.

2. If you retain tiles for navigation- eg for Players - improve the contrast. White on white (ITV, 4, Netflix) is impossible to make out.

3. As well as reintroducing hide channels and favourites, add the ability to change the order. What would be even better would be to have a favourites list that included Players. Currently it takes 7 presses of the remote to get to Netflix yet apart from Eurosport I probably watch it more than any single channel.

Lose the tiles and return to lists??? You'll be wanting to go back to horse and cart next.  If you look at the new Humax FVP5000T you will see a very familiar UI i.e tiles, same with SkyQ and I expect the same with the new Humax Freesat box currently in development.

Granted you also have the option of 'lists' as well as 'grids' with the new 5000T so lists are possible.  However, grids/tiles are the future for all modern PVRs.

I have absolutley no problem with seeing the Netflix app though if I'm honest I usually use the Netflix app on my phone and 'cast' to a chromecast device as this is a much more user friendly option (or at least I find it so). 

Nonsense. Tiles require an additional level of indirection (selecting the correct tile) whereas on Sky everything is simply in one list, sorted by date recorded and I can just select the recording.

The tiles are pointless because it's not even immediately obvious what they are grouped on. Is it channel? Date? 

Totally-stupid feature

Stevek1311
Expert
Message 600 of 654

@faa77wrote:

Forgot one:

I cannot remember if it's live TV or a recording, but for one of them I can only skip forward 1 minute or backward 15 seconds. Can you please get rid of this, get rid of skipping and just make it fast forward like Sky: x2, x6, x12 or x30 in either direction.

Oh noes!  That skip back and forward is one of the few discriminators YouView has.  I use it intensely if I watch MOTD on the YV

If only it worked properly on paused live TV while you're recording a programme.

0 Ratings