Did you mean: 
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 601 of 654

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion

@faa77wrote:

@Jim-ladwrote:

@OldNo1wrote:

1. Lose the tiles, return to lists for recordings.

2. If you retain tiles for navigation- eg for Players - improve the contrast. White on white (ITV, 4, Netflix) is impossible to make out.

3. As well as reintroducing hide channels and favourites, add the ability to change the order. What would be even better would be to have a favourites list that included Players. Currently it takes 7 presses of the remote to get to Netflix yet apart from Eurosport I probably watch it more than any single channel.

Lose the tiles and return to lists??? You'll be wanting to go back to horse and cart next.  If you look at the new Humax FVP5000T you will see a very familiar UI i.e tiles, same with SkyQ and I expect the same with the new Humax Freesat box currently in development.

Granted you also have the option of 'lists' as well as 'grids' with the new 5000T so lists are possible.  However, grids/tiles are the future for all modern PVRs.

I have absolutley no problem with seeing the Netflix app though if I'm honest I usually use the Netflix app on my phone and 'cast' to a chromecast device as this is a much more user friendly option (or at least I find it so). 

Nonsense. Tiles require an additional level of indirection (selecting the correct tile) whereas on Sky everything is simply in one list, sorted by date recorded and I can just select the recording.

The tiles are pointless because it's not even immediately obvious what they are grouped on. Is it channel? Date? 

Totally-stupid feature

Quite.  Sky tried deleting lists with Sky-Q and quickly had to put them back.  For anyone that can read, lists are far better as they give much more information per screen.  Tiles are pretty but are actually low on substance especially as so many look the same

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 602 of 654

@faa77wrote:

. . . .

-Sometimes I record say all French Ligue football. I then realise it's rubbish and I want to cancel the entire "series" of recordings, current and future. However, it doesn't seem to be easy to undo the recording of the entire "series".

No it's too easy.  If you highlight the series and press the delete button on the remote then the entire series is deleted.  No option of just not recording one, no 'are you sure?' warning.  It just goes

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 603 of 654

@Stevek1311wrote:

@faa77wrote:

. . . .

-Sometimes I record say all French Ligue football. I then realise it's rubbish and I want to cancel the entire "series" of recordings, current and future. However, it doesn't seem to be easy to undo the recording of the entire "series".

No it's too easy.  If you highlight the series and press the delete button on the remote then the entire series is deleted.  No option of just not recording one, no 'are you sure?' warning.  It just goes

Yet another OldGen feature that was not carried over to NextGenSmiley Sad

0 Ratings
Message 604 of 654

You can set it up to ask for confirmation before deleting in: Settings > Box Management > Recordings > Confirm Delete ON
0 Ratings
Highlighted
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 605 of 654

@ThoughtfulUsernamewrote:
You can set it up to ask for confirmation before deleting in: Settings > Box Management > Recordings > Confirm Delete ON

I believe we're talking about the Scheduled recordings here & that confirm delete only applies to recordings. In OldGen you could just delete the next scheduled recording of the series or the entire series.

0 Ratings
Message 606 of 654

Ah ok, right you are.
0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 607 of 654

@TimCurtiswrote:

@ThoughtfulUsernamewrote:

I believe we're talking about the Scheduled recordings here & that confirm delete only applies to recordings. In OldGen you could just delete the next scheduled recording of the series or the entire series.

Yep.   One more try:

Dear Santa

I have been mostly good.  Please can I have a YouView box with Old Gen software for Christmas please.  The pre mid 2016 build if possible.  I'll leave the Next Gen software loaded box by the chimney and you can take that to a house where they've been bad

yours

steve

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 608 of 654

@TimCurtiswrote:

In OldGen you could just delete the next scheduled recording of the series.

Not that it was very reliable as it restored any deleted timers when the wind changed direction.  I assumed it was a case of "can't fix it so lets get rid of it".

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 609 of 654

There's also the easy way to delete series recordings.  Just wait until this season's series ends and YV will unfortunately delete it for you so you can end up missing the first episode(s) when the next season starts

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 610 of 654

Well the latest YV full accounts have been released  https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07308805/filing-history and follow the latest entry

Lots to be concerned about but the key thing is BT and Talk Talk stumped up another £11M in cash to keep YV going after big losses (a total loan of £45M now).  With such it is ridiculous for anyone to believe that BT can have only trivial influence in the ongoing operations of YV

So why no BT comments about what they think about the product concerns raised in this thread?  It's not like BT can't say "fix that and that now or no more loan"

0 Ratings