cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 111 of 654

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion

Point 1 - I may be reading it wrong but in your scenario if you press and hold the OK button for 3 seconds the programme goes back to the beginning.

Point 3 - You would've know when researching the service of the channels which aren't available. Sky have never played ball with BT to make their channels available so I suggest you chase Sky up with that query.

Point 5 - the search results are shown by date with the earliest date coming 1st and so on. That would be the logical way to produce the results. If you press the info button on the remote the information you seek is in the programme description.

0 Ratings
_dreamer_
Aspiring Expert
Message 112 of 654

Well our conclusion is, having missed the end is several programs , the box is not fit for purpose. So will be cancelling the TV side as soon as we are out of contract. Extremely glad we didn't cancel Virgin, the downside being a lot of the programs were on AMC.
0 Ratings
Awesomeunicorn
Beginner
Message 113 of 654

@MadRob point 1 is about overshooting the adverts when fast forwarding them not restarting the program from the beginning.
Point 3 Fox was lost March this year we are in first year with BT it was there when we signed up
Point 5 you would think this was the logical way but we've found that this is not always the case
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 114 of 654

@_dreamer_ wrote:
Well our conclusion is, having missed the end is several programs , the box is not fit for purpose. So will be cancelling the TV side as soon as we are out of contract. Extremely glad we didn't cancel Virgin, the downside being a lot of the programs were on AMC.

Or have you considered it's perhaps the user that's at fault for not reading and following simple instructions?

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 115 of 654

@Awesomeunicorn wrote:
@MadRob point 1 is about overshooting the adverts when fast forwarding them not restarting the program from the beginning.
Point 3 Fox was lost March this year we are in first year with BT it was there when we signed up
Point 5 you would think this was the logical way but we've found that this is not always the case

You are blaming BT for losing Fox when it was out of BT's control.  This statement was released at the time.

“From 1 March 2016, you’ll no longer be able to watch FOX and FOX HD on BT TV,” writes BT. “That’s because Fox have changed the way they offer their TV channels to TV providers.”

0 Ratings
Awesomeunicorn
Beginner
Message 116 of 654

@jimlad it's usually about money they have to pay to air the channels if it's too much and they don't want to pay, you lose the channel
0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 117 of 654

@SeanD wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Over the last few months the community have supplied a massive amount of feedback in relation to next gen YouView.  Thank you, this is much appreciated Smiley Wink

While it may not have been clear on the next gen thread, that we were paying attention, I can assure you that we are and we hope you can continue to let us know, what you think of the new software and what you would like to see in future software releases.

Since the initial launch we have listened to feedback and implemented some changes, a couple of the main ones are,

>  Improved My TV screen

>  Back journey from My TV (if you remember that when you watched a single episode from a series when it ended it would take your back out into live TV), now it goes back to the series recording.

>  And coming soon, the hide channel function will return, which we appreciate was a popular request

Please use this thread as a platform to comment on what you would like to see in future software updates.  While we may not comment on each bit of feedback that is posted, all of it will be going to the TV team and YouView so we can make improvements.

Thanks to everyone for your participation so far and we look forward to reading more of your invaluable comments.

Cheers

Sean

Dear @SeanD

Its 2 months since you posted this, and theres been little input from the BT Team .... somebody presented a neat summary in October, but  we have no idea on what your people are likely to accept & work on for a future release ?

Could you please provide a summary and likely outcome ?

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 118 of 654

The one huge missing feature is 'the jump to, time bar feature'.  This needs an urgent return as either fast forwarding or using the one minute skip button in order to get to where you want on the recording is a right PITA. 

Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 119 of 654

Hi @speedtrip,

Thanks to you and everyone on this thread for continuing to offer feedback on what you would like to see in future releases.

I continue to collate all the feedback mentioned here and send this across to our senior TV team on a regular basis.  I am afraid I don't have any information as to what is going to be included in future releases, but I know all feedback is considered. 

Due to the complex nature of planning, building, trialing and deploying new software releases we wont be in a position to post regular updates on what might be included.  However, as soon as any new information is shared with me I will be sure to post back here to let everyone know.

We really do appreciate the time everyone here has spent in telling us what you would like to see included in future releases and please be assured your feedback is getting to the right people Smiley Wink   

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert