Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 291 of 654

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion

@Keyinferno wrote:

. . . .

As for padding being available, YouView have stated numerous times this isn't something they ever want to introduce.

Their choice then on where they want to position their PVR.  Other box providers make it work.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 292 of 654

I can well believe that some devices work with AR better than others if their "listening" routines are not prone to intermittent deafness and can miss the AR signal (which is *not* part of the EPG guide which is updated separately).
0 Ratings
Message 293 of 654

Hi guys,

Can I please ask that posts are kept on topic please?  If the conversation keeps moving in the direction it has been I'll have no alternative but the lock the thread.

Thanks folks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 294 of 654

One feature which I do think Youview could/should implement is series links staying in place when programmes take a break.  Example, it's now become quite the norm for American shows to take a 6 week break during December to early New Year.

My Humax Freesat box will keep EPG data for 90 days after a series has finished.  Youview seems to delete the 'booking' almost immediately the last programme as aired.  I find this most annoying as I then have to keep checking either online, the EPG or put a note in my Google calendar to remind me when the programme is likely to return.  With Freesat the series picks up where it left off without any interruptions. 

I have missed the return of a number of programmes due to this poor implementation of EPG data.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 295 of 654

@RobbieMac wrote:

Hi guys,

Can I please ask that posts are kept on topic please?  If the conversation keeps moving in the direction it has been I'll have no alternative but the lock the thread.

Thanks folks,

Robbie

No problem with that as long as you can give some guidance as to how we should be giving feedback on the failings of Next Generation with regards to Accurate Recording?

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 296 of 654

I have had several issues with itv2 this week either missing the start or finishing early.

In regards to giving feed back I’m aware of several trialist who do that. Who share that of their own experiences and no doubt what people on forums share
0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 297 of 654

@gomezz wrote:

@RobbieMac wrote:

Hi guys,

Thanks folks,

Robbie

No problem with that as long as you can give some guidance as to how we should be giving feedback on the failings of Next Generation with regards to Accurate Recording?

Ahhh... I believe I'm one of the guilty parties there, so, sorry.

In regard to padding (which is never going to happen) and going forward with Next Gen AR, from reading general YV fora, I really get the impression many people think that YouView isn't a Freeview HD box, but it is. It's just not Freeview HD certified. Also, the accuracy (or not) of AR is generally down to the individual channel and not the make or model of box one uses.

0 Ratings
chadders1
Contributor
Message 298 of 654

Also, the accuracy (or not) of AR is generally down to the individual channel and not the make or model of box one uses.

That’s the point with AR. If the channels cannot be bothered to use the feature properly (which you view know ) why not add a feature which allows you to alter start/end times. Problem solved = more customers happy and more Chance of gaining more customers.
Why would you switch from virgin or sky where you won’t miss parts of programs to a platform whose recordings are unreliable?
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 299 of 654

@chadders1 wrote:

Why would you switch from virgin or sky where you won’t miss parts of programs to a platform whose recordings are unreliable?

Do you really consider padding or the lack thereof to be a driver for anyone considering switching from Virgin or Sky? 

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 300 of 654

Padding is a fools gold. I've had it on a few devices (ex-BT Vision user). It can cause inherent problems that non padded boxes don't. And YouView won't or ever will. Best to move on because it isn't going to happen.

0 Ratings