cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 631 of 654

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion

The latest user numbers show that whether anyone is reading the feedback on here or not, the public is as YouView numbers decline another 1% in 3 months to the lowest figure since 2015

https://www.barb.co.uk/tv-landscape-reports/tracker-uk-households-by-tv-platform/

Down to 2.19 million

And with no update for BT users for 100 days now is that surprising? 

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 632 of 654

Just thought I'd mention that the more I use the guide with that mini info popup the more I hate it.

0 Ratings
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 633 of 654

@Stevek1311wrote:

The latest user numbers show that whether anyone is reading the feedback on here or not, the public is as YouView numbers decline another 1% in 3 months to the lowest figure since 2015

https://www.barb.co.uk/tv-landscape-reports/tracker-uk-households-by-tv-platform/

Down to 2.19 million

And with no update for BT users for 100 days now is that surprising? 

So where do you get those BT specific subscriber numbers from? Certainly not from the link you posted.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 634 of 654

Just about all the numbers are down that quarter including sky and virgin so it tells us next to nothing. BT specific numbers will only be released at the next results.
0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 635 of 654

@scointerwrote:
Just about all the numbers are down that quarter including sky and virgin so it tells us next to nothing. BT specific numbers will only be released at the next results.

Well it tells us that 3 million boast was fiction and it tells us that BT numbers will be even less than that 2.19 million as it includes Talk Talk youview users

There's nothing in BT's latest annual report to suggest different from my summary https://www.btplc.com/Sharesandperformance/Annualreportandreview/2018summary/documents/annual_report...

And BT say they will no longer report regular subscriber numbers http://informitv.com/2018/09/28/bt-and-talktalk-drop-out-of-index/

YouView has become an expensive and declining way way for BT to get relatively few subscribers above those that subscribe to BT Sport via other platforms.   It could, should and maybe still can be so different but complacent throwing lifesaving money at YouView Ltd while they deliver a degraded 2nd class DVR is not going to fix it

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 636 of 654

What alternative do you use then and why are you still bothering to post on this forum.
I wouldn’t mind getting even £1 a month from 1.75 million customers but you obviously earn more a different way lol
Shortly with Netflix, Amazon and full compliment of Sky channels. Along with their own exclusive sport and also amc/extra channels they will have a pretty good compliment.
They just need to fix a few bugs/features and with complete Wi-fi allowing an easy Wi-fi ability it looks pretty good to me.
0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 637 of 654

Couldn't agree more. Expanding all the time with new channels, extras and with the sky channels coming this year too.
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 638 of 654

And as you have pointed out for us, BT are now gauging thier TV success as a full ARPU package, and you can see that is still growing.
0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 639 of 654

@scointerwrote:
 . . .Shortly with Netflix, Amazon and full compliment of Sky channels. Along with their own exclusive sport and also amc/extra channels they will have a pretty good compliment.
They just need to fix a few bugs/features and with complete Wi-fi allowing an easy Wi-fi ability it looks pretty good to me.

As you say they just need to fix a few bugs - unfortunately it's been 2 years now since they removed jump to time, 18 months since they introduced the live pause buffer bug and over 100 days since we got a minor update.   It's not encouraging.

And that ARPU (Average revenue per user) line doesn't say anything particularly good for YouView.  BT are getting  a fair amount of their BT Sport revenue through platforms such as Sky or Vrgin and perhaps more interestingly quote ARPU for the whole business and the mobile business but not the TV business in that annual report.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 640 of 654

Surprisingly you might almost understand a communications giant to focus on mobile and bb statistics a bit more than the TV.
You also forget BT have just added vice sd/hd and gold HD to its channel line up and also added iPlayer restart, these things are now done without software updates so things are still moving.
I agree a couple of things would be nice to fix/get back but in the scheme of all users you will find that is a small minority that actually care/know about these.
0 Ratings