Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tp2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 91 of 410

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion

Ref Previous comment from  Jim-lad.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think you will find that this occurrence is rare with the main terrestrial broadcasters who use AR.  It's the more minor channels which don't either user AR or don't implement it correctly which tends to cause these issues.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would just like to point out that this "rare" (?) occurrence is still All Too Frequent in my experience , with my latest frustrating event happening only this morning, on a Not So minor Channel (BBC1) - when Series Recording Andrew Marr!

Several minutes no less BEFORE the end of the program and bang, end of recording, press BACK to return etc.

This is so Basic its untrue and is as frustrating as hell. Why oh why can we not have these simple requirements (that according to those of you in the know - work so well with other systems) fixed straight away ??? ... !

PS:

Thankyou Stevek1311 for trawling the posts to totalise the current top issues - hopefully helps BT keep a focus on the main items to address.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 92 of 410

Surely both BT Sport and Eurosport count as major broadcasters? They both mess up AR on a frequent basis.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Aspiring Expert
Message 93 of 410

tp2 wrote:

Ref Previous comment from  Jim-lad.

I think you will find that this occurrence is rare with the main terrestrial broadcasters who use AR.  It's the more minor channels which don't either user AR or don't implement it correctly which tends to cause these issues.

I would just like to point out that this "rare" (?) occurrence is still All Too Frequent in my experience , with my latest frustrating event happening only this morning, on a Not So minor Channel (BBC1) - when Series Recording Andrew Marr!

Several minutes no less BEFORE the end of the program and bang, end of recording, press BACK to return etc.

This is so Basic its untrue and is as frustrating as hell. Why oh why can we not have these simple requirements (that according to those of you in the know - work so well with other systems) fixed straight away ??? ... !

Funnily enough I have Andrew Marr set on a series link too.  I had no such cut off before end of program.  Was the box scheduled to record something else, maybe a back to back recording?  I have occasionally had the experience whereby the end of the programme was cut but it was on the begining of the follow on recording.

FYI it's no good blaming BT or Youview as it's the broadcaster that sends the AR signal.  Therefore your complaint would be better directed to the BBC or POV. 

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Aspiring Expert
Message 94 of 410

gomezz wrote:

Surely both BT Sport and Eurosport count as major broadcasters? They both mess up AR on a frequent basis.

It would depend if either use AR - I couldn't tell you as I don't subscribe to either. 

0 Ratings
tp2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 95 of 410

Jim-lad wrote:

Funnily enough I have Andrew Marr set on a series link too.  I had no such cut off before end of program.  Was the box scheduled to record something else, maybe a back to back recording?  I have occasionally had the experience whereby the end of the programme was cut but it was on the begining of the follow on recording.

FYI it's no good blaming BT or Youview as it's the broadcaster that sends the AR signal.  Therefore your complaint would be better directed to the BBC or POV.

Nope; no other recording set for Sunday morning so no Back to Back etc!

Hearing otherscan work just makes it even more frustrating as clearly this is a very flakey issue.

Of course - I will still Blame BT/Youview 'cos if the much wanted BUFFER was automically running at Several Minutes (unless another recording overuled) then I would have caught all of the programme in the first place. Given that I had timing features such as this on DVD based PVRs years ago - it really is very disapointing that we are still waiting for it here!

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Aspiring Expert
Message 96 of 410

tp2 wrote:

Jim-lad wrote:

Nope; no other recording set for Sunday morning so no Back to Back etc!

Hearing otherscan work just makes it even more frustrating as clearly this is a very flakey issue.

Of course - I will still Blame BT/Youview 'cos if the much wanted BUFFER was automically running at Several Minutes (unless another recording overuled) then I would have caught all of the programme in the first place. Given that I had timing features such as this on DVD based PVRs years ago - it really is very disapointing that we are still waiting for it here!

As said in earlier posts I have never seen the value of 'padding' even though all my devices going back to the early days of Sky have had it.  I have never needed to use it and can't think of any occasion myself whereby it might have had any value. 

For me and the vast majority of users AR just works.  Recording off the minor broadcasters isn't something I've ever really done as nearly everything I record is from the main terrestrial broadcasters, hence why I no longer have Sky. 

0 Ratings
_dreamer_
Aspiring Expert
Message 97 of 410

Jim-lad

I'm curious, did you not finding it annoying missing the end of a program when you posted here?

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Program-stops-recording-before-the-program-has-finished/td...

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Aspiring Expert
Message 98 of 410

_dreamer_ wrote:

Jim-lad

I'm curious, did you not finding it annoying missing the end of a program when you posted here?

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Program-stops-recording-before-the-program-has-finished/td...

Nah! I did do a bit of research the first couple of times it happened but then realised it was usually only the closing credits I was missing.  After that I didn't bother.  Besides, if it's a series then you always get a long preamble of 'previously on xxxx programme'.

As said though, 'Pick' is not one of the big five so I know not to rely on them using AR.  If I was that bothered then I could simply have set the programme to record on one of my other two PVRs which do have 'padding'. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Drkofglos
Message 99 of 410

Please please please bring back or at least add the recordings and schedule as lists , trying to page through all the tiles is ANNOYING. Also why is it necessary to have a picture of everything.
Thank you.
0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Aspiring Expert
Message 100 of 410

Well we have today for BT boxes the All New 29.27 update https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/bt-software-update-29-27-0 that is supposed to provide channel editing and bug fixes

Unless of course you are using a DTRT-1000 who aren't getting it (but of course we are supposedly assured are in no way a problem to Next Gen)

0 Ratings