cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 11 of 487

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion

Definitely the return of the 'jump to/time bar' has to be the number one priority for me.  It's such a **bleep** having to FF or use the 1 minute skip feature.

Talking of the skip feature - other Humax products e.g. Freesat have the option to set the length of the skip up to a maximum of 240 seconds, which is much more useful than 60 seconds.  Why not give Youview owners the same option?

I quite like the tiles across the bottom of the screen showing what's currently on the other channels, so that can stay.  

P.S.  I have no idea why the word F.A.G. has been bleeped out.  I have now put periods between the letters in the hope that others can see I wasn't using foul language. 

MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 487

Sorry if I'm appearing lazy but as my 'wish list' has already had mentions by other posters I hope they're ok with me simply copying and pasting from their original posts to make a list of my own.

1. Being able to step back & forth in (long) recordings by a specified amount of time - the 'jump to/time bar'. This is very useful in jumping past the pre-game waffle to get to a kick off time in sports coverage.

2. The introduction of a user defined buffer pre and after EPG timings.

3. Remove that mainly opaque fog at the bottom of the screen

4. The ability to allow series recordings to stay in place even if there are no instances in the planner (eg Match of the Day) which is a useful function on Freesat boxes.

5. The option to turn off the bar that now appears when you turn youview on and shows a few programmes that are "on now".

0 Ratings
brianhes
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 487

Not kick you out of My TV on to live tv, if whilst watching the programme it has started to record two others. Notification fine, but stay in My TV to allow deletion etc.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 487

1) Restore play-bar time positioning;

2) Restore play-bar time positioning;

3) Restore play-bar time positioning;

:
0 Ratings
tp2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 487

Totally in agreement with all that has been stated already.  

The biggest cods up by far was just rolling this out with previous "features" removed!

At the very least, we should have been given the option to switch between Original and New Style.

My one addition would be:

Not everybody thinks Tiles showing Recordings is easier!

When you have a lot of recordings over several pages this becomes quite a massive faff to navigate!!

Much like on a PC therefore, it would be nice to at least have the option to View as a List as well.

A further option to then sort that list by Date or Title would be the icing on the cake. :-)

Rgds

tp2

0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 487

Have the EPG guide show the programme start/finish time again rather than having to press Info. to get the details. Oh dear just checked and pressing info. doesn't tell you the start/finish time!!

Martyfp68
Contributor
Message 17 of 487

MadRob wrote:

5. The option to turn off the bar that now appears when you turn youview on and shows a few programmes that are "on now".

I would add my vote for that as an option. That's really annoying and rarely of any use at all.  At a minimum, it should be possible to define what channels are included, i.e the HD channels, otherwise it's completely pointless.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 487

Like alot of users I much preferred lists for recordings and liked the general way CurrentGen works so I've been able to prevent 2 of my boxes updating to NextGen.

I do also have a box assigned to the Youview trial program so I know exactly what NextGen looks like and what features are being slowly added back.

So my list would be:-

. Give the option for lists or tiles with the CurrentGen journey handling - if that's the right way to describe it

. Restore channel editing in full , not just hiding from the EPG as is coming in 28.35 (I believe).

. Restore the ability to jump to a time when starting playback.

. Restore the feature that gave other options if a recording clash would occur.

. Add the ability to off load recordings to a USB drive for archiving.

. Add padding , either user defined or automatic , to record timings as AR doesn't always work. My Panasonic recorder does this quite well.

. Allow for user defined update handling - automatic or manual. Quite a common feature elsewhere. This might have reduced the heartache caused by the unwanted, unexpected update to NextGen.

. Allow the apps to be backward compatible as the new BT TV app appears to not work with CurrentGen. TalkTalk managed it.

I'll be sticking to CurrentGen for as long as possible until lost features are restored and may even dump YouView if I can no longer remotely schedule recordings to my CurrentGen boxes or NextGen doesn't improve sufficiently. There are other acceptable options out there.

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 487

Two more

- restore the Text function that was deleted without warning or sensible reason sometime in late 2016

- have updates that work on DTRT-1000 boxes as strangely these now seem to be being left out: YouView updates rollouts

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 20 of 487

Stevek1311 wrote:

Two more

- restore the Text function that was deleted without warning or sensible reason sometime in late 2016

- have updates that work on DTRT-1000 boxes as strangely these now seem to be being left out: YouView updates rollouts

You need to be having a conversation with BT regarding a new box.  The can't keep updating old tech forever.  As an example, Microsoft have announced that devices with an Atom processor will not be able to receive the Creators update and are withdrawing support.  Many of these devices came with Windows 10 and can only be a few years old. 

0 Ratings