cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tramdev
Aspiring Contributor
1,052 Views
Message 21 of 548

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion


@Jim-lad wrote:

You need to be having a conversation with BT regarding a new box.  The can't keep updating old tech forever. 

But Humax have updated their boxes so why not BT?

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
1,038 Views
Message 22 of 548

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion


@Jim-lad wrote:

@Stevek1311 wrote:

Two more

 

- restore the Text function that was deleted without warning or sensible reason sometime in late 2016

 

- have updates that work on DTRT-1000 boxes as strangely these now seem to be being left out: YouView updates rollouts


You need to be having a conversation with BT regarding a new box.  The can't keep updating old tech forever. . .


Surely in this case it's can't keep degrading old tech forever ;-)

 

 

My point stands.  A responsible supplier would restore removed functionality for all customers with those boxes not just those that frequent forums.  I care little how BT/YouView do it but I suspect their accountants don't like the option you suggest.

0 Ratings
chrisdw
Contributor
995 Views
Message 23 of 548

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion


@andy_m1 wrote:

Also a direct button press on the remote to go straight to "My TV" would be nice.


Yep, on a Sky remote pressing the Play button takes you to your recordings, so a similar thing would be handy.

 

I'd also like the option to either hide channels (as already said) or set filters as default e.g. the HD and Ultra HD one. I never, ever watch SD channels so the less prominent they are, the better.

0 Ratings
Martyfp68
Contributor
989 Views
Message 24 of 548

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion

Another missing feature is the "watch in HD" feature. I'm pretty sure in the old interface there was an option in the "info" popup that allowed you to switch to the HD version of the channel if one was available.

 

Similarly for when scheduling recordings, it should prompt you if you schedule an SD recording instead of HD (maybe it already does that ?)

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
987 Views
Message 25 of 548

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion


@Martyfp68 wrote:

Another missing feature is the "watch in HD" feature. I'm pretty sure in the old interface there was an option in the "info" popup that allowed you to switch to the HD version of the channel if one was available.

 

Similarly for when scheduling recordings, it should prompt you if you schedule an SD recording instead of HD (maybe it already does that ?)


seconded.  I used to like that feature too and used it a lot

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
973 Views
Message 26 of 548

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion

Hi @TimCurtis a fellow trialist. Fun times my friend.

 

I think (I haven't checked in ages) the old style Text still works on the BBC Radio channels. I think ultimately we'll see Text being removed from all platforms as the push gains momentum from Auntie Beeb to direct us all towards the newer Red Button text/information service.

0 Ratings
tramdev
Aspiring Contributor
952 Views
Message 27 of 548

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion


@MadRob wrote:

Hi @TimCurtis a fellow trialist. Fun times my friend.

 

I think (I haven't checked in ages) the old style Text still works on the BBC Radio channels. I think ultimately we'll see Text being removed from all platforms as the push gains momentum from Auntie Beeb to direct us all towards the newer Red Button text/information service.


Still does - and on my telly the text button still does on the TV channels while the red button goes to the new style. On the humax the text button does take you back out of the Text on the radios channels.

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
942 Views
Message 28 of 548

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion


@tramdev wrote:

@MadRob wrote:

Hi @TimCurtis a fellow trialist. Fun times my friend.

 

I think (I haven't checked in ages) the old style Text still works on the BBC Radio channels. I think ultimately we'll see Text being removed from all platforms as the push gains momentum from Auntie Beeb to direct us all towards the newer Red Button text/information service.


Still does - and on my telly the text button still does on the TV channels while the red button goes to the new style. On the humax the text button does take you back out of the Text on the radios channels.


Are we talking at cross purposes.  Text button does not a thing on my (soon to be RIP) DTRT-1000.  It used to bring up the pages where I could key numbers of pages and hey presto info appeared.

0 Ratings
tramdev
Aspiring Contributor
924 Views
Message 29 of 548

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion


@Stevek1311 wrote:

Are we talking at cross purposes.  Text button does not a thing on my (soon to be RIP) DTRT-1000.  It used to bring up the pages where I could key numbers of pages and hey presto info appeared.

I also have DTRT-1000. Agreed Text button does nothing normally now but if on a radio channel and have accessed the old style pages via the red button then the Text button enables escape back out of the text pages.
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
830 Views
Message 30 of 548

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion


@Stevek1311 wrote:

@Jim-lad wrote:

@Stevek1311 wrote:

Two more

 

- restore the Text function that was deleted without warning or sensible reason sometime in late 2016

 

- have updates that work on DTRT-1000 boxes as strangely these now seem to be being left out: YouView updates rollouts


You need to be having a conversation with BT regarding a new box.  The can't keep updating old tech forever. . .


Surely in this case it's can't keep degrading old tech forever ;-)

 

 

My point stands.  A responsible supplier would restore removed functionality for all customers with those boxes not just those that frequent forums.  I care little how BT/YouView do it but I suspect their accountants don't like the option you suggest.


I've provided you with a clear example where a company doesn't extend it's updates to all hardware i.e. Microsoft.  I have the creators update and so have millions of other users, but those with an Atom CPU won't be getting it.   I'm not sure where those who frequent forums fits in with all this.

0 Ratings