Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 441 of 496

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion

@Jim-ladwrote:

They have got more on their minds at present with all the failed recording issues people (myself included) are reporting both on this forum and the Youview forum.

It's got so bad I darn't set it to record anything that we can't get on catchup.   I thinking of renaming it 'Can't View'. 

Actually I haven't seen that issue, maybe it's box firmware build dependent.  But the live pause issue (which also seems to be box build dependent) persists

With the World Cup starting in hours they'd better not have any failed recording issues.  That's the very sort of free to air programming that YouView should be the bees knees for

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 442 of 496

@Stevek1311wrote:

@Jim-ladwrote:

They have got more on their minds at present with all the failed recording issues people (myself included) are reporting both on this forum and the Youview forum.

It's got so bad I darn't set it to record anything that we can't get on catchup.   I thinking of renaming it 'Can't View'. 

Actually I haven't seen that issue, maybe it's box firmware build dependent.  But the live pause issue (which also seems to be box build dependent) persists

With the World Cup starting in hours they'd better not have any failed recording issues.  That's the very sort of free to air programming that YouView should be the bees knees for

Blimey Steve, you must be one of the few.  Big thread on this forum about the failed recordings and the Youview forum too.  I'm on the very latest firmware using DTR2100 - it's a case of set it to record and keep your fingers crossed.

BT and Youview has actually acknowledged the issue in a response on the 'failed recordings thread'.

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 443 of 496

Well they aren't going to ignore it, are they? But I've also have had no failed recordings, so its more than likely the problem is difficult to pin down.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 444 of 496

@Keyinfernowrote:

Well they aren't going to ignore it, are they? But I've also have had no failed recordings, so its more than likely the problem is difficult to pin down.

I know what it is i.e. the EPG is failing to update/synchronise correctly.  The conundrum is why is it happening.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Aspiring Expert
Message 445 of 496

@Jim-ladwrote:

I know what you mean, I ended up with nine episodes of 'Science of stupid' last week.

a) I've seen all the old episodes ( can't gaurentee that it only records the new ones)

b) if the disk fills up then apparently old recordings get deleted ( and  I'm not sure which ones it deletes exactly) This was one of the reasons I preffered the alphbetical list view so you can find things and check they are still there .

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 446 of 496

@Jim-ladwrote:

@Keyinfernowrote:

I know what it is i.e. the EPG is failing to update/synchronise correctly.  The conundrum is why is it happening.

The why is easy:  It is uncoordinated timing between events happening at the server and locally on the recorder.  How to fix it may be more tricky.

0 Ratings
Niko1
Contributor
Message 447 of 496

Not a single missed recording for me neither.
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 448 of 496

Sarah has just posted on the youview forum that humax have identified and have a fix in progress which is about to go into testing so fingers crossed.

‘Hi all,

Thanks for bearing with us on the issue, the issue has been identified and Humax are currently working on a fix which is due to be tested shortly.

We appreciate this is frustrating and assure you it’s being worked on as a priority. As soon as I have an update I will post on this thread.

Thanks

Sarah‘

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/comment/18994938#Comment_18994938
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 449 of 496

@Niko1wrote:
Not a single missed recording for me neither.

Well it must be affecting a lot of users/is affecting a lot of users otherwise Youview BT and Humax wouldn't be pulling out the stops to get a fix in place.

If you haven't been affected then I would count yourself as being very lucky.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 450 of 496

What I don't understand is why this has suddenly started happening & happens on previous software versions, not just the latest which was released at about the time this started happening.

0 Ratings