Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martyfp68
Contributor
Message 41 of 559

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion

back on topic Smiley Frustrated

Another missing piece of functionality is the feature inside a program's "info" page that links to other episodes of the same program that are available on catch-up.  This was really useful and for me one of the key features of YouView

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 42 of 559

@PaddyB  Thanks for the clarification re the T1000 boxes which tallys with information given by Youview themselves over on their own Community.

@Martyfp68  I also miss that functionality. It was a very useful tool and has enabled me on quite a few occasions to catch up on things I may have missed first time round.

0 Ratings
impydave
Contributor
Message 43 of 559

Any sign of the new update yet with the ability to "hide" channels in the guide? I'm checking daily on my 4K box in vain hope it'll appear, just don't use the guide at the moment as it's full of rubbish channels I'll never watch.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 44 of 559

@impydave wrote:

Any sign of the new update yet with the ability to "hide" channels in the guide? I'm checking daily on my 4K box in vain hope it'll appear, just don't use the guide at the moment as it's full of rubbish channels I'll never watch.

It's the one re-introdution I don't care if it never happens.  I don't see what the issue is, simply use the channel up/down button on the remote to whiz through the planner a page at a time.  Or failing that just keep the channel numbers you do use in your head (it's what I do).

With my Humax Freesat box I can actually remove the channels I never use and yet four years on I haven't removed any of the hundreds available.  I really see this as a 'non-issue'.

0 Ratings
impydave
Contributor
Message 45 of 559

Each to their own, I personally dont want to see kids channels or dating channels in my guide thank you very much Smiley Happy maybe a non issue to you, but there are a very high number of people wanting this back hence it appearing in the next update!

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 46 of 559

Agreed @impydave.

The 'Self-Reference Trap' is easy to fall into   ... albeit irksome when something is described as a 'non-issue' .... ho hum

Stevek1311
Expert
Message 47 of 559

@impydave wrote:

Each to their own, . . . .

Exactly 

We are individuals and whereas like Jim I don't care about hiding channels, I suspect you might not use features I want.  Equipment like this has to offer what a range of users want - especially if it used to have it before some klutz disabled it.  

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 48 of 559

@impydave wrote:

Each to their own, I personally dont want to see kids channels or dating channels in my guide thank you very much Smiley Happy maybe a non issue to you, but there are a very high number of people wanting this back hence it appearing in the next update!

You may not have noted in my post but I did say -  'I' didn't care.  That is me personally, I also said for 'me' it's a non-issue.  At no point have I said it shouldn't return.  However, for me on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being most important I would put it at minus 1. 

The feature where it remembers previous series links should be reinstated a.s.a.p.  Example - I hadn't picked up that Gogglebox returned tonight 8th September on Channel 4. Fortunately for me my G2 Humax Freesat box does retain this information and started to record at 21:00 Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 49 of 559

I'd like to see the catchup work the same way as Sky in that the programmes are downloaded to the box rather than running up BBC iPlayer etc.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 50 of 559

Please can we keep this topic to sensible feedback on the direction we'd like NextGen to take featurewise rather than getting into the same arguments that happened in the original "Get ready for your barnd new BT-TV experience thread" and happens over on the Youview community forum.

0 Ratings