Did you mean: 
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 491 of 496

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion

@Jim-ladwrote:

@Jim-ladwrote:

@Stevek1311wrote:

Well finally we have just got an update that adds functionality that was not there n Old Gen

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/bt-software-release-31-24-0?q=31.24

Adds Amazon Prime which is a big plus for YV Smiley Happy     Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Not sure I see these apps as a plus when there are so many other ways of accessing this content already.  I have dedicated Amazon and Netflix buttons on my TV remote and that uses WebOS which is a great platform.  I can also cast it to the TV from a number of mobile devices too.

I suspect the majority of other Youview viewers also have similar multiple options. 

@Jim-lad

My thoughts exactly.

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 492 of 496

OFFS stop all this tarting around and bring YV back to what it was last year ...

... BRING BACK 'Jump to Time' NEXT - please ......

Why dont you listen to your Customers ?

0 Ratings
Holgate001
Contributor
Message 493 of 496

Agree with “Speedtrip”

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 494 of 496

@speedtripwrote:

OFFS stop all this tarting around and bring YV back to what it was last year ...

... BRING BACK 'Jump to Time' NEXT - please ......

Why dont you listen to your Customers ?

What, companies listening to their customers - pretty radical idea.

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Aspiring Expert
Message 495 of 496

@Jim-ladwrote:

@Stevek1311wrote:

Well finally we have just got an update that adds functionality that was not there n Old Gen

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/bt-software-release-31-24-0?q=31.24

Adds Amazon Prime which is a big plus for YV Smiley Happy     Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Not sure I see these apps as a plus when there are so many other ways of accessing this content already.  I have dedicated Amazon and Netflix buttons on my TV remote and that uses WebOS which is a great platform.  I can also cast it to the TV from a number of mobile devices too.

I suspect the majority of other Youview viewers also have similar multiple options. 

Probably right as I suspect most YV users do not make it viewable and controllable in multiple rooms - I do and typically the TVs there have no spare HDMI input for an Amazon Fire stick.  Also Amazon withdrew support for a number of TV's and boxes a while back

That said I should mention that the implementation of Prime in the YouView is just for Prime video.  You do not get support for Amazon Music or Pictures

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Aspiring Expert
Message 496 of 496

As for the supposed fix of the Live Pause issue well extensive testing today shows it's a glass half full fix.  Yes they have in effect admitted there was a problem all along and yes you can now navigate a full Live Pause buffer when a concurrent recording is active . . .

BUT

. . . only through skip forward and back.  The fast fwd and rwd buttons appear to engage a x2 speed (no other speed appears) but nothing happens to the replay point.  I'll still say half full though as for the first time for ages today I was able to use the live pause buffer 

0 Ratings