Did you mean: 
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 491 of 559

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion

@Jim-ladwrote:

@Jim-ladwrote:

@Stevek1311wrote:

Well finally we have just got an update that adds functionality that was not there n Old Gen

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/bt-software-release-31-24-0?q=31.24

Adds Amazon Prime which is a big plus for YV Smiley Happy     Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Not sure I see these apps as a plus when there are so many other ways of accessing this content already.  I have dedicated Amazon and Netflix buttons on my TV remote and that uses WebOS which is a great platform.  I can also cast it to the TV from a number of mobile devices too.

I suspect the majority of other Youview viewers also have similar multiple options. 

@Jim-lad

My thoughts exactly.

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 492 of 559

OFFS stop all this tarting around and bring YV back to what it was last year ...

... BRING BACK 'Jump to Time' NEXT - please ......

Why dont you listen to your Customers ?

0 Ratings
Holgate001
Contributor
Message 493 of 559

Agree with “Speedtrip”

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 494 of 559

@speedtripwrote:

OFFS stop all this tarting around and bring YV back to what it was last year ...

... BRING BACK 'Jump to Time' NEXT - please ......

Why dont you listen to your Customers ?

What, companies listening to their customers - pretty radical idea.

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 495 of 559

@Jim-ladwrote:

@Stevek1311wrote:

Well finally we have just got an update that adds functionality that was not there n Old Gen

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/bt-software-release-31-24-0?q=31.24

Adds Amazon Prime which is a big plus for YV Smiley Happy     Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Not sure I see these apps as a plus when there are so many other ways of accessing this content already.  I have dedicated Amazon and Netflix buttons on my TV remote and that uses WebOS which is a great platform.  I can also cast it to the TV from a number of mobile devices too.

I suspect the majority of other Youview viewers also have similar multiple options. 

Probably right as I suspect most YV users do not make it viewable and controllable in multiple rooms - I do and typically the TVs there have no spare HDMI input for an Amazon Fire stick.  Also Amazon withdrew support for a number of TV's and boxes a while back

That said I should mention that the implementation of Prime in the YouView is just for Prime video.  You do not get support for Amazon Music or Pictures

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 496 of 559

As for the supposed fix of the Live Pause issue well extensive testing today shows it's a glass half full fix.  Yes they have in effect admitted there was a problem all along and yes you can now navigate a full Live Pause buffer when a concurrent recording is active . . .

BUT

. . . only through skip forward and back.  The fast fwd and rwd buttons appear to engage a x2 speed (no other speed appears) but nothing happens to the replay point.  I'll still say half full though as for the first time for ages today I was able to use the live pause buffer 

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 497 of 559

Re: Failed Recording

@Jim-ladwrote:

It's pretty depressing really, now that the 'failed recording' issue and the BT WholeHome firmware fiasco has been sorted out there's nothing for us to complain about. Smiley Sad

Jump to play point 

Radio recordings

Proper hide of TV channels

Restore List views

Display of time of Live play point

Jim-lad
Expert
Message 498 of 559

Re: Failed Recording

@Stevek1311wrote:

@Jim-ladwrote:

It's pretty depressing really, now that the 'failed recording' issue and the BT WholeHome firmware fiasco has been sorted out there's nothing for us to complain about. Smiley Sad

Jump to play point 

Radio recordings

Proper hide of TV channels

Restore List views

Display of time of Live play point

I do think that given the length of time this new UI has been in operation for that Youview are not going to reinstate those functions.  I have been asking for the 'jump to time' feature to be restored since day one - we're all still waiting.  When was the software UI introduced?  Will it be going on 2 years this Christmas?

Had Youview been serious about re-implementing missing features it could have been done long since.  That is one of the reasons (along with the failed recording issue) why I will not be renewing my subscription come Novemeber.  I have already given BT notice of this in writing. 

0 Ratings
flashforward
Aspiring Contributor
Message 499 of 559

Tried BT TV very briefly as the channel content looked to be good value. Literally tried it for about an hour, as currently a Sky Q customer. Prefer the BT brand as Sky are just greedy!

What I didn't like:

Basic pixelated menu, channel listings and the fact it's a YouView Box.

What I did like:
Streaming and recording of channels.

Would like to see:
BT have their own box - like Sky Q, which is far superior. More channel choice (an agreement with Sky so Sky channels can be accessed like any other channel). Ability to record 4+ programmes at a time.

I have read many forums and posts about the channel agreements etc. and I know BT TV is not advertised as a premium provider. If BT had their own box and better channel content, I'd switch instantly, but they have a long way to go.

Does anyone know if BT will ever release their own box and be a proper contender to Sky?

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Aspiring Expert
Message 500 of 559

Indeed, BT of late are trying to charge a Premium price when BT itself is not really interested in TV per se
0 Ratings