cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jam2000
Expert
Message 651 of 654

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion

They are pushing ahead with the BTTV app on various tvs and devices which will see an end to the box and possibly cloud recordings coming. After all online streaming and cloud storage is the future.
0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 652 of 654

I've never looked ino it @Stevek1311 but I would have thought that available channels and content is by far the biggest reason for losing subscribers than STB features, and then there's BTs' customer service which is also probably having an effect.

I totally agree with you about the bugs though. Irrespective of what features are available, the first priority is that they must work.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 653 of 654

@jam2000wrote:
They are pushing ahead with the BTTV app on various tvs and devices which will see an end to the box and possibly cloud recordings coming. After all online streaming and cloud storage is the future.

The major block to that ever happening is not technological but contractual with the content rights holders being persuaded to allow such things as all live sport to be accessed that way indefinitely.  For example, there is no way currently with BT Sport to watch MotoGP quali and practise unless you watch it live.  And you cannot come in late and start watching the races an hour behind but have to wait hours and hours / days until someone deigns to make it available.  And even then the result is spoilt by the titling of the video or the screenshot of the podium etc.

0 Ratings
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 654 of 654

@Stevek1311wrote:
Another 3 months and more feedback that really can't be much clearer https://www.barb.co.uk/tv-landscape-reports/tracker-uk-households-by-tv-platform/ 70,000 net less YouView users down from 2.19 to 2.12 million and the fastest rate of decline ever. Which means even if no one started a YouView during that time that's still 3.5% of users that dumped the box in 3 months. Now maybe if someone at BT would start taking the feedback in this thread and pointedly put it in front of YouView Ltd that is funded by BT they could reverse this decline Can I suggest they start with 'jump to time' But just ignoring it clearly isn't working is it?

I recall we have been here before with you twisting this report to suit your ongoing rant about the box features. to repeat my point made the last time, these figures prove nothing specific to BT You View, as it includes numbers for all YouView platforms, it is not BT specific. It’s also laughable to draw any conclusion that any reduction in numbers has any relevance to the box features, in particular those ones you constantly bang on about. Ask yourself how many people are posting on this forum complaining alongside you about the box in this way. It just is not important to the vast silent majority. 

As others have said, BT is clearly investing large sums on accessing content via Apps, etc, so its highly likely that users of the YouView Box will decrease further as a result.

0 Ratings