cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martyfp68
Contributor
Message 71 of 487

Re: Next generation YouView feedback discussion

it's sometimes the simple things that are most useful.... I actually like the look/feel of the current gen stuff, but it does feel very basic.   

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 72 of 487

I note that Humax has just released a new Freeview Play PVR the FVP5000T with a UI pretty much the same as the new Youview UI.  Wonder if it will be Marmite to their customer base?

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Aspiring Expert
Message 73 of 487

Jim-lad wrote:

I note that Humax has just released a new Freeview Play PVR the FVP5000T with a UI pretty much the same as the new Youview UI.  Wonder if it will be Marmite to their customer base?

Very impressive spec but the devil can be in the detail.  The lack of a SCART would annoy me but few others.  Would be interesting to know how it matches up to the detail comments above.  Does it for example do jump to time in a recording.

And how long before a YouView 5000 appears based on this box?

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 74 of 487

Stevek1311 wrote:

Jim-lad wrote:

Very impressive spec but the devil can be in the detail.  The lack of a SCART would annoy me but few others.  Would be interesting to know how it matches up to the detail comments above.  Does it for example do jump to time in a recording.

And how long before a YouView 5000 appears based on this box?

Scart is very much last century now and I don't know of anyone who still has a scart TV.  However, adapters are still readily available.

The spec is impressive though as it's only just be released their is little detail to have at present.  I suppose the information may be available on the Humax website.

Interesting though that they have adopted an almost identical UI to the much complained about Youview don't you think?

0 Ratings
Jennifer992
Aspiring Contributor
Message 75 of 487

Haha, yes, a great keep fit routine.  It's more for my Mum who has just got BT and it seems so arduous a way to access recordings.

The thumbnails underneath still take 4 presses (it takes its toll on the poor fingers) and if you want to watch something older you have to scroll for ever (if I'm understanding correctly).

Thanks for replying.

Edit: this was supposed to go under Jim-lad's response but it didn't work.

I also had emails to say there were some other comments but I can't seem to find them.

I'm not having a great day it would appear.

Or maybe I get an email every time responds to the thread in general rather than to me directly?

If so, I can't believe no one else is asking for a 'direct to recordings' button Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
dfel100
Contributor
Message 76 of 487

My BTTV box has just said it has done a software update, which I thought might be the long vaunted edit channels, but the software version is still 28.26!  Any ideas anyone?  Am I missing something?
0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Aspiring Expert
Message 77 of 487

Jim-lad wrote:

Scart is very much last century now and I don't know of anyone who still has a scart TV.  However, adapters are still readily available.

The spec is impressive though as it's only just be released their is little detail to have at present.  I suppose the information may be available on the Humax website.

Interesting though that they have adopted an almost identical UI to the much complained about Youview don't you think?

SCART is very useful if you distribute the output around the house by RF.  I did say it was a niche use

As for the UI how do we know?  I very much doubt they deleted all the functionality that YouView did in order to implement tiles.  And how do we know they haven't copied Sky and implemented both tiles AND lists on the Sky-Q boxes.

We really need a guinea pig to buy one and give it a serious working out.  £270 for a 1TB version, shall we go for crowd funding? Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 78 of 487

No need to buy a box. Just head over to the "My Humax Forum" for plenty of user info.

Taken from here https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/new-fvp-5000t-1 Recordings - can now be viewed as Grid (tiles - as per 4000T) or a List

To counter that though from here https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/fvp-5000t-im-well-annoyed/page/2#post-60884

From what I have seen so far from the pictures they haven’t improved the format of the recording list and the layout of the recordings seem to show less than before, I can only see a list of 8 displayed, but I understand you can still view them as a grid which I prefer.

I agree, that list view, with unnecessarily large channel idents, is even worse than the grid.
There is no point removing the useless screen grabs and then not utilising the space that's left. I would've expected there to be two rows of recordings with at least 20 items per page.

Why does Humax keep getting basics like this so wrong?

The moral of the story? Be careful what you wish for.

0 Ratings
impydave
Contributor
Message 79 of 487

My 4K box did exactly the same thing last night...very quick download though, maybe an update to get ready for the update Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Aspiring Expert
Message 80 of 487

MadRob wrote:

No need to buy a box. Just head over to the "My Humax Forum" for plenty of user info.

Taken from here https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/new-fvp-5000t-1 Recordings - can now be viewed as Grid (tiles - as per 4000T) or a List

Thanks for that.  Not sure I agree with your "Be careful what you wish for." though.  A lot of the feedback is good almost like they've read the issues posted here and there and made sure they didn't repeat them.  

If I were BT I'd be wondering just what value having YouView as a middle man between them and Humax is actually adding (if any)

0 Ratings