cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mulltp
Message 1 of 4

Nightly Break up of picture at roughly same time for 5 minutes. Ethernet powerline LED turns RED.

Every night between 21.50 and 22.10 my BT Sport picture breaks up for around 5 minutes . I can see the ethernet powerline LED turn red. I am using 500mb/sec powerline adaptors to connect my router to the BT Youview box.

As you can imagine by the times I've mentioned, this is often in the last few minutes of a football match and is very frustrating. There is nothing connected via ethernet to my router other than my BT youview box.

I have a feeling this might be connected to an automatic check for software updates or possibly an actual download to the box causing overload on the line.

Does anyone else have this problem?

If it is to do with automatic checks etc., is there any way I can change when it does them?

I was on standard broadband and homehub but I have now upgraded to infinity and the latest smart hub.

The red LED and picture break up, though a bit shorter, still lasts for several minutes.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Nightly Break up of picture at roughly same time for 5 minutes. Ethernet powerline LED turns RED

The red light coming on I expect indicates that the  adapter feeding your Youview box has lost the connection with the one connected to the router. If that's the case  I'd look at other electrical equipment in the house that might be causing interference on the mains circuit.

Edit:

Just had a look at the instructions for the BT Extender Flex 600 adapters and the red light indicates "low transfer speed" which would explain the picture breakup. So definitely an issue with your mains circuit, most likely caused by some other elctrical device kicking in at that time. For example a timer switch somewhere, Immersion heater, the wife making a cup of tea etc.

0 Ratings
mulltp
Message 3 of 4

Re: Nightly Break up of picture at roughly same time for 5 minutes. Ethernet powerline LED turns RED

Ok thanks.. I'll have alook at that..

0 Ratings
benwiddowson
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

I’m not an expert with PLA’s but could a poorly insulated or faulty appliance from a neighbouring house cause any issues)
0 Ratings