cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ab79
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 28

Re: No Dolby 5.1 surround sound on BT Vision Films/Box office anymore?

Go to solution
Mines via optical not HDMI and switching surround off and on again works also.
0 Ratings
Travelstar
Contributor
Message 22 of 28

Go to solution
Any updates on this? Seems we still don't have DD 5.1.
0 Ratings
SaintPaul
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 28

Go to solution
Not yet I'm afraid, no official response either. I'm still using the workaround. BT seem content to leave this as it is!?
0 Ratings
Vialli
Contributor
Message 24 of 28

Go to solution

Is this still a known fault?

I thought it was the BBC HD dropping their DD 5.1 output but this seems to confirm my fears that it is a fault with the BT Vison boxes. Oddly though, I can get DD5.1 for BT Sport and Channel 4 HD? This is from an optical out to my Logitech wireless receiver.

Looks like i'll have to keep switching with my Humax Freeview receiver which plays DD5.1 through my aerial, if I want to watch any decent films on BBC this Christmas, which is a ball ache to say the least!

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 28

Go to solution
See my post here
https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-box/Are-HD-Films-amp-5-1-surrond-sound-working-yet/td-p/908562/p...
They are supposedly working on it but not had any update. I have had the same response from youview on their forum
0 Ratings
abecket
Beginner
Message 26 of 28

Go to solution
I downloaded an HD film in October and was very disappointed to find it was not 5:1. So I stuck to blurays until I saw the ad on TV promoting the fact that they now had 5:1. Sport, ch4 and the BBC were indeed now in 5:1 so over Christmas I thought I would try another film. Man Of Steel HD. No 5:1, what a bummer. I sent them some feedback only for them to tell me my box did not have 5:1. Well it does and it is set right with optical out to a 5:1 decoder. I told them this and they pointed me to this thread. Is that an answer???? Very strange BT. They did give me my £5 back.
0 Ratings
Andyvr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 28

Go to solution

I recently complained about the lack of DD 5.1 (still!!) on my BT Vision+ box - even though it *was* there before the 'upgrade' of a year or so ago, which to my mind seems to be a step backwards as the box is less responsive now and things just seem to be more awkward to find!(and more button presses to actually watch anything recorded) This is their responce.....

I Apologies for the inconvenience caused, BT are working hard to resolve this. Despite the apparent simplicity to the user there's a lot of complexity in setting up new broadcast systems.To be very honest we do not have any Update from our Technical Managemnt Team as when it will be resolved.As soon as we have any update about this issue we will get back to you.

Great.... Paying full price for HD films and our experience of them is worse than it was a year ago! Not right. It should have been explained at the time of 'upgrade' that DD 5.1 was being removed on the roll out!

Looks like Netflix and Lovefilm are the way to go here?

0 Ratings
Andyvr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 28

Go to solution

After another rant saying that I think BT's customers should have been informed of the (effective) removal of DD 5.1 after the 'update' etc etc I received this reply....

Thanks for your e-mail. I apologies for this Andy,Unfortunately it's not available with this software on the box and we are trying our best to get it available in the next software release.Request you to wait till the next software update.

So I wonder when the next release will be??

0 Ratings