cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

No HD catch up ITV hub, All4 and My5?

How can it be that in 2020, I am unable to watch HD catch up services from ITV, Channel 4 or Channel 5 through BT youview box? The picture quality is quite frankly an embarrassment. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: No HD catch up ITV hub, All4 and My5?

They are SD definition only. BBC iplayer is HD also Britbox is full HD but the latter is a subscription on-demand 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 6

Because those broadcasters either have an exclusive carriage agreement or want to sell you a premium subscription to access HD content

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

It is simply a decision from the supplier of the players ie ITV , C4 or C5 respectively not to provide HD content.  BBC Iplayer , BT Player have provided HD for many years ( and indeed some 4K content)  as of course the Netflix and Prime Video Players do. Even Now Tv eventually introduced HD content for some of its ondemand content.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Channel 4 offer HD content. I can get this via the app on my or amazon tablet or ipad 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 6

@jam2000 they do but not on Youview or BT TV as neither have a carriage agreement for the HD content. Due to licensing agreements Channel 4 can make HD available for free on handheld devices but set top boxes are locked out because they sell access via commercial agreements

0 Ratings