cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

No UHD resolution option in Picture Settings - Youview UHD Box

Yesterday I received my Youview UHD box and set it up without any problems EXCEPT that there is no UHD resolution option available with Picture Settings within Box Management. I only have 720p, 1080i and 1080p. My set up is as follows..

BT Infinity 2 with HomeHub 5 (I have not connected the Youview via aerial, just the ethernet)

HDMI out from Youview box in to HDCP 2.2 compliant input on Onkyo TX-NR 656 AV Receiver with the provided HDMI cable.

HDMI out from Onkyo receiver to HDMI 1 on Samsung UE49KU6100 curved TV via HDCP 2.2 cable.

I have set the audio to Surround on the Youview and have no issues with the audio from the av receiver.

AV receiver, T.V, and Youview boxes all have the latest updates.

I am also using this set up (through a different HDMI in obviously) for my Sky Q equipment and have no issues viewing Sky UHD content by this method. I was able to tune in to Channel 433 UHD Sport yesterday on the Youview with a 4k programme showing but not convinced that what I was seeing was in fact a UHD picture.

I had a (totally useless and cut off web chat) and a phone call to BT yesterday and their 'official' line is that the software in the box will be upgraded over the coming weeks and I will then have the UHD option showing in the resolution settings but I find that hard to believe. Surely if this was the case there would be more instances of people asking the same question as me and that does not seem to be the case. 

Grateful for any advice/guidance to establish if there is anything I can do to ensure the UHD (8 bit and 10 bit) resolution options  can be made available within the picture settings.

Many thanks.

UPDATE - Issue resolved (of a sort). Connected the HDMI out from the box to the TV and surprise, surprise I now see the option for UHD in the Youview box settings! This of course begs the question why was I told that there would be a software update for the Youview box over the next month to resolve this??

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: No UHD resolution option in Picture Settings - Youview UHD Box

Hi @Sweetbaboo99 Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post and edit update.

Now that the box has updated you say the issue has been solved "of a sort ". Is there anything else wrong or something we can help you with?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 4

He didnt say the box updated - he just connected it direct to TV with HDMI and then the 4K options were populated ....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Thank you John.

Further update.,,I phoned Richer Sounds from where I bought the amp once I realised that my 'fix' would not allow Dolby Atmos via the optical audio cable. As it happens, removing the HDMI from the TV and putting it back in to the Onkyo allowed a proper handshake between the amp and BT Youview and therefore all resolution options became available. Anyone having similar problems should consider moving cables once or twice to see if they are able to get equipment talking to each other. My frustration has turned to relief but still concerned that BT Tech support (in India) were putting it down to software patches resolving it over the coming weeks.
0 Ratings