cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mreesharris
Message 1 of 5

No Ultra HD Content Available on Ultra HD Box

I have an Ultra HD box, an Ultra HD Netflix subscrption and an Ultra HD TV.

In the Youview Netflix app there is no content row for Ultra HD content. I can use the discover search on the Youview box and in the Netflix app and see all the content that is avaible in UHD but when I play anything it is only in HD. 

BT customer service are giving conflicting information. Netflix customer service are saying there is no reason why this should happen.

I have the latest softwre update on the Youview box. 

Anyone else having this issue??

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: No Ultra HD Content Available on Ultra HD Box

What subscription do you have with Netflix. You need the most expensive 4 screen Netflix subscription to be able to get their 4K content.

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Does your 4K TV have a built-in Netflix app? Can you see Ultra HD programmes via that? My understanding was that Netflix had a very limited range of Ultra HD content e.g. House of Cards was one, but that the vast majority of what they offer is still just in HD.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Have you checked that the TV is compatible with the box? http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53069/kw/ultra%20hd/c/348,7415,7593

0 Ratings
SmithCD
Message 5 of 5

This was my issue, my HDMI cable from the BT Ultra4HD box was plugged into the wrong HDMI Port on my Samsung TV, it needed to be plugged into HDMI 3 (MHL), the link above lists the correct HDMI Port to use next to your TV Make/Model; after I changed this, I exited the Netflix App and restarted it, and then Ultra HD 4K was listed under each program title that supports UHD 4K, i am disappointing that the BT Tech support team did not know this and i stumbled across this by searching on Google.

0 Ratings