cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: No graphical overlay ?

I was using the box quite a lot over the weekend and this happened to me a few times.  Selected a channel either via the guide or by entering the number and a black screen with no overlay was shown.  Was able to get out of it by moving up one channel and then back to the one I wanted.  I believe when I got the black screen one of my recording was stopped too.

Message 12 of 18

@ledgie 

Same here. I've been having this issue since the first day I received the new 'now / next' downgrade (it's so far away from being considered an upgrade). I've also had two interrupted recordings whilst experiencing the graphical overlay issue. The break in the recording coincided exactly with the length of time I had the black screen.

Message 13 of 18

That is interesting to hear - I don't have the new now/next s/w and my box was recording something (off Freeview rather than IP) the second time it happened. I didn't want to pull the power so left it. In my case the recording was intact, though I did need to restart the box once the recording ended.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

The graphical overlay issue has led to me needing to reboot the Pro box this morning. None of the new 'freeview' ip channels would work despite trying all the workarounds. The BT Sport channels worked but nothing else.

Message 15 of 18

Happened to me again yesterday, couldn't even change channel this time, though pause and rewind the live channel the box was on, was working with no on screen display at all.

Message 16 of 18

This new software is rubbish. Had to leave the house as the Queen's coffin was being driven from London to Windsor. Pressed record on BBC News which was the channel I had been watching. On return the record light is lit on the box and the menu says Recording. The recording won't play back, all I'm getting is a dark screen. I'm also only getting a black screen on the live BBC News channel (231). No matter what I do the News channel won't come on. All other channels are working. Are we being used as beta testers for this useless piece of software?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Follow on from previous post. Cancelling the recording resulted in the return of the live channel. I was then able to access the full recording which until that point had only returned a black screen with the timeline showing zero. Very strange behaviour indeed.

Message 18 of 18

A similar same thing happened to me, no pictures, and recording wouldn't play, but the on going recording continued on the box and was there after I rebooted the box, once the programme had ended. 

0 Ratings