Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Happydog
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

No longer given choice to record tv series

Hi hoping someone can help.

Only had bt tv hd for a few weeks and could record either one single episode or the whole tv series.

I now no longer have this choice. If I want a series recorded I must record every singe episode one by one.

The box has the latest version.

Thank you

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 14

Re: No longer given choice to record tv series

When you select a programme to record  , it will give you the further option to record the series IF the programme is identified as forming part of a series. Sometimes the broadcaster schedules do not identify the programme as part of a series so it is seen as single programme. There seems to some issues with  BBC 1 (Sd and HD) channels this week. Are these the channels affected or are you experiencing issues with other channels ?

0 Ratings
gomezz
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 14

Six Nations on the BBC has been screwed up for this weekend.
0 Ratings
Happydog
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

Universal both hd and sd, I had already set the series Coroner to record series, it's no longer on my schedule and I'm only given the option to record once.

I've randomly checked a few different channels that I know are a series and most are not giving the option to record the series.

Any ideas would be good thanks.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 14

@Happydogwrote:

Universal both hd and sd, I had already set the series Coroner to record series, it's no longer on my schedule and I'm only given the option to record once.

I've randomly checked a few different channels that I know are a series and most are not giving the option to record the series.

Any ideas would be good thanks.

Coroner has been okay for me until yesterday when the recording failed, but the box has picked up the repeat scheduled for Wednesday. I don't know who's responsible for the epg but this is the first week that Coroner has shown correctly. Until this week, the epg has listed it as 'The Coroner', which is an old BBC series, and the the image shown was from 'The Coroner' as well. Correcting this may have stuffed the Series Link, YouView doesn't seem to handle programme changes well at all.

It's very unusual for Series Link problems with BBC programming, but on the 3 programmes that I've tried to set recordings for today, Series Link isn't an option on Freesat.

0 Ratings
Happydog
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

Fed up with this now. I have to remember every single week to press record. Not only that the recordings are **bleep**.
18 months of this before I can leave bt tv.
0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 14

Do you get the option to record a series when using the BT or Youview apps?

Try rebooting your box or going into maintenance mode and resetting.

0 Ratings
Happydog
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

No options are given directly from box or from ALL the apps.

I have rebooted. 

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Guru
Message 9 of 14

This is an ongoing issue with the BBC not setting the programme information correctly.

There's nothing wrong with the box & nothing you can do but be vigilant and remember to check regularly that the programmes affected are being scheduled.

0 Ratings
Happydog
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

This is not bbc channels. It's Universal channel. 

0 Ratings