Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srpsrp
Expert
Message 11 of 21

Re: No recording buffer?

Go to solution

I watched Creatures that Glow with DA yesterday which had a  minute or so missing from the start, so perhaps there is a problem. Maybe an option to set manual record times for when you know you will be annoyed if you miss somthing ?

On a similar(ish) topic, I have noticed that a lot of the programme descriptions do not contain the Series and Episode numbers. I've been with Sky for two decades and they were not exactly perfect ( I bet it's  typed in by Indians or somthing ?) but at least they always tried to include the SxEx info. ( premiere showing excluded that is ). 

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

As far as the Series and Episode numbers go you can often see them if look at the programme info in the Recordings list view rather than while viewing the programme.

0 Ratings
jscutts
Beginner
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution
I'm a Sky customer of 6 years and have just switched to BT. The recording system BT are using is appalling and I really cannot understand how anyone can defend it. If you'd come from Sky then you'd understand that this is a problem. Being able to add 2-5 mins at the start and end of a recording is basic stuff.

As soon as I got my box I set up all the series records I had setup with Sky (and never had problems with before). Out of 7 series I setup 3 finish recording a minute or so before the end. I've tried counteracting it by recording the following programme aswell but this doesn't work and I still miss the end and end up with a box full of programmes I don't want to watch.

This is such basic functionality. I'm only a week in and I'm already considering sending the box back and cancelling. Not being able to record my programmes and a box which has to be rebooted every other day because it freezes and won't turn on. I had such high hopes but it looks like cheap really does mean poor quality.
0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

I

>  As far as the Series and Episode numbers go you can often see them if look at the programme info in the Recordings list view >  rather than while viewing the programme.

'm not sure what you mean, the summary and detailed info is the same on the recordedings as per the schedule isn't it ? even so I want to be able to preserve my sanity when trying to schedule episodes of a series. Having just got the box recently I had to start a few series records part way through. I've had to fall back to using the Sky planner on the web serveral times to sort it out ( which thankfully still works  for me)

0 Ratings
Caher
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

No sure how this got marked as 'solved' as it is still happening - just come back from a weekend and still see some programmes were cut either end. So by the sounds of it i have to record programmes either end? Wow - even 1980's VCR's were more flexible.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution
I've not experienced any recordings missing the end. I find the recordings start on time and end on time. I know they use accurate record where a signal is sent to record etc
0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

I simply cannot accept that last reply, virtually all internet channel channel programmes suffer. Even BT Sport UHD's FA Cup Final and UEFA CL Final programmes were affected. 

We need the Mods to get onto the tech guys and get this sorted.

Quite simply the method BT/YouView are using for EPG updates, has never worked and needs scrapping. It needs replacing with a much more efficient and updated to the minute one OR the flexibilty offered to users to manually override the EPG with their own intelligent estimated programme beginning and end timings.  

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution
Well I haven't had any issues, fact.
0 Ratings
Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution
I'm sure the people having problems are delighted for you.
0 Ratings
mrapriliafalco
Contributor
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

I totally agree !!! its crazy that it does not over run !!!!!! missed Football and Moto GP 
Surely it can be sorted 

0 Ratings