Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dnb2081
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

No remote control movement

Hi
I seem to be having a problem with my you view box in that I’ve reset it twice back to factory reset, replaced the batteries twice and now bought and replaced the remote control. I’ve carried out all the BT troubleshoot techniques but still I can’t get the channels to move in any directions so to me it seems that the problem is in the box sensor. 

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 16

Re: No remote control movement

HI @dnb2081

is this a recent problem with a previously fully working Youview box and remote or is this a newly setup Youview box ?

Are all remote functions not working or just the ability to change channels ?

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 16

@dnb2081wrote:

I can’t get the channels to move in any directions 

What do you mean by this? 

0 Ratings
dnb2081
Beginner
Message 4 of 16

Hi gomezz
Thank you for your quick response.
If I point the remote control at the BT box and try to change channels, record or anything else, nothing happens or should I say, now and again it will change. As I’ve already said I’ve even bought another remote but it still doesn’t change the channels.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 16

Possibly interference from the TV.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14219/348

Quote "

A lot of modern TVs have an ambient light or auto-dimming feature, designed to adjust the brightness of your TV screen. Unfortunately, these features can send out infrared signals which interfere with the signals sent from your BT TV remote control.

You can fix the problem by turning off the screen dimming feature. See your TV's user guide for instructions."

and another thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BTcontroller/m-p/1907235#M7185

0 Ratings
dnb2081
Beginner
Message 6 of 16

Hi Zulu 17/gomezz
Thank you for your quick response.
If I point the remote control at the BT box and try to change channels, record or anything else, nothing happens or should I say, now and again it will change. As I’ve already said I’ve even bought another remote but it still doesn’t change the channels. My box must be about two years old (approx) and it has within the last couple of weeks that this has started to happen.

0 Ratings
dnb2081
Beginner
Message 7 of 16

Hi Keith-Beddoe

THank you but sadly I’ve already went all through this and more but had no other choice but to contact the forum.

0 Ratings
dnb2081
Beginner
Message 8 of 16

Thank you

again I’ve tried this and turned everything off and sadly nothing.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

@dnb2081 wrote:

Hi Keith-Beddoe

THank you but sadly I’ve already went all through this and more but had no other choice but to contact the forum.

What about dust on the front of the box? I expect that you removed the thin plastic covering that is on it when it arrived, many people forget it, and it becomes opaque.

Sorry to state the obvious.

0 Ratings
dnb2081
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

It’s a good point but no all was removed.

0 Ratings