cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

No signal from BT TV Box Pro

Hi,

I have had BT TV for the last 6 years with the DTR T4000 UHD Box which has worked flawlessly. I re-contracted and was sent the new Pro box.

My set up has all the AV equipment in a cupboard and is controlled on an iPad through a Logitech Harmony Hub, all HDMI a devices are connected to a Philips Hue sync box which then connects to the TV. 
Unfortunately the Pro box will not emit a signal until I unplug and re plug the HDMI cable at the back of the Pro box or the sync box.

The watch TV command is made by voice which turns on the required devices, as the BT box wakes, the HDMI a sync box wakes via the CEC command which it is doing, but no picture is output?

An engineer arrived this morning with a new Pro box, but exactly the same happens. 

I’m quite happy to return to the previous box, but wondered if anyone has an idea as to the issue?

Many thanks

Simon

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: No signal from BT TV Box Pro

I've found the Pro Box to be very picky about what it gets plugged into and especially plugged through.

If the box works directly to a TV then it's your setup causing the problem obviosuly. That's not to say there's not something in the Pro Box causing the issue (which virtually nobody will notice as they have it plugged into the back of a TV).

Have you tried the Pro setting for HDMI output at 1080p or UHD 8 bit? 1080i?

On my 4K TV if the box isn't plugged into HDMI 1 or 2 (3  & 4 are not the same high spec which I'm aware of) I get either a black screen. "unsupported format" or my UHD setting in the Pro box keeps defaulting to 1080i -or a mixture of all 3. That's nothing new or unexpected as my Sony UHD player operates exactly the same.

HDMI 1 & 2 work flawlessly for proper UHD / 3840p × 2160p outputs as advertised. If the Pro box is set to UHD / 3840p × 2160p it's going to be looking for that as it snakes through your system.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: No signal from BT TV Box Pro

Thanks for your reply, as you can imagine I’ve checked every setting possible. I’ve now resigned myself to the fact it’s not going to work with the Philips box, which is integral to the system, so I’m using the DTR T4000 box.

Other than live sport, our viewing is all made through an Apple TV, so as and when that box gives up the ghost I’ll watch everything that way. I’ll just have to turn off notifications as the football is always 2 mins behind through the app.

0 Ratings