cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrewu
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

No sound from ITV and Channel 4 players on YouView box.

I have exactly the same problem. Bbc player works. Itv hub and channel 4 players give sound during advert and then no Sound during programmes. Bt support has been completely useless. Is this a common problem being kept quiet?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
JohnC2
Message 2 of 14

Re: No sound from ITV and Channel 4 players on YouView box.

Hi @Andrewu  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I've moved your post to create your own thread as the previous thread was a few months back. I'm sorry that you are having a fault with the sound when using some of the players.

As you get sound during the adverts but not the actual program it's a bit strange. Are you connected from the BT Hub to the Youview box via ethernet cable or are you using powerlines?

Cheers
John 

0 Ratings
Andrewu
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

Via powerlines. I can add that there is no problem recording itv or channel 4 programmes. The problem is only when trying to use the players
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 14

Hi @Andrewu  thanks for getting back to me so quickly. May i ask if it is possible for you to connect via Ethernet and test the players so that we can eliminate the powerlines as a possible cause.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
seren000
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

Hi I’m getting the same problem. The sound works for the programme until an add starts. The sound works for the add and then no sound for the picture. Seems to be channel 4, 5 and itv. No issue with any other streaming services.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 6 of 14

Hi @seren000 welcome to the forum and thanks for your post. Sorry that you are having a problem with sound loss. 
How is your BT TV connected to the hub? ie ethernet or powerlines
On the programs that you experience the sound loss if you watch them on catch up do you experience the sound loss?

cheers
John 

0 Ratings
seren000
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

It’s Ethernet via an Ethernet extension plug. It has a good signal though as it’s only a few feet from the router. I have no problem with signal in iPlayer, Netflix, prime etc. The problem with the sound only starts with the adds during the program (never the introductory adds). The sound is fine during the adds. When I rewind the add sound is still fine but then stops when the program begins.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 8 of 14

Hi @seren000 thanks for posting back. It's a strange issue. Have you tried a factory reset of your BT TV box?

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
MarkFromEssex
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

Having the same problem on bedroom TV catch-up (All4, ITV hub etc). Funny how the sound is always there for the ads, but when the programme starts, it goes! Only fix is going down to lounge, turning the main tv on and off again and voila - the sound on the programmes on the bedroom TV returns!! PLEASE HELP!! The constant exercise is great, but this is really driving me mad now and no TV engineers seem to know how to solve it. Reading the above suggests to me it is a BT issue.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 10 of 14

Hi @MarkFromEssex and welcome to the community.

Thanks for posting about the sound issue. This is an older thread but have you tried the factory reset etc? Can you give me some detail on what you've tried at your side?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings