cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ray100001
Message 1 of 6

Not able to access subscribed bt channels

Hello

I've got bt fibre broabband and pay a subscription to access bt extra channels (Watch etc) but even thuogh I see my subscribed channels listed when I try to watch them I get a message which says: there is a problem receiving this channel. Check your broadband conection,cables, and any adapters that you use. then try restarting your router. All of this I have done. I have had an engineer out who says the problem is at bt's end and that everything is working correctly at my end. I can access iplayers demand 5 etc through my you view box no problem, and my fibre broadband is working correctly. I have made calls to bt customer service and replied to numerous emails but still they don't seem to sort out this problem which has be going on for over two weeks now. Any help would be greatley appreciated.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Not able to access subscribed bt channels

@ray100001 wrote:

Hello

I've got bt fibre broabband and pay a subscription to access bt extra channels (Watch etc) but even thuogh I see my subscribed channels listed when I try to watch them I get a message which says: there is a problem receiving this channel. Check your broadband conection,cables, and any adapters that you use. then try restarting your router. All of this I have done. I have had an engineer out who says the problem is at bt's end and that everything is working correctly at my end. I can access iplayers demand 5 etc through my you view box no problem, and my fibre broadband is working correctly. I have made calls to bt customer service and replied to numerous emails but still they don't seem to sort out this problem which has be going on for over two weeks now. Any help would be greatley appreciated.

Hi - how is your YouView box connected to your HomeHub? Ethernet cable or Powerline adaptors?

Of course it might just be that your TV package hasn't been setup properly....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ray100001
Message 3 of 6

Ethernet cable

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Sounds as though they might not have setup your channel package properly...

Try: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49690

and if that doesn't work try the 'contact us' link above selecting problem with my service/problem with bt tv etc. and try a live chat to see if they can set this up for you.

0 Ratings
ray100001
Message 5 of 6

Thank you for your help. I have tried live chat and spoke to bt customer service and normally they say the problem will be sorted within 48 hrs but it never is. I fill I am going round in circles. I noticed that several poeple on this forum have had simular problems and have had it sorted out by bt when they post it on here so i am hoping someone will be able to help me likewise.

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Fair enough. Perhaps a BT TV Expert will see this and be able to help you.

0 Ratings