cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Petertatum
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Not getting all my channels

I have spoken to BT about this they gave me £15 off my bill and told me to buy a signal booster which I did and I still can’t get all my channels the booster works as I have used on my LG smart tv when I use it with my BT box it goes from 33 to 69???

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
MNroshandel1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Not getting all my channels

Which channels are these? BT are only responsible for the delivery and broadcast of the following channels including their HD versions

Comedy Central

Comedy central extra

MTV

National geographic

History

Investigation Disccovery

Discovery channel

Alibi

Gold

TLC

MTV music (not available with Now TV) 

MTV classic (not available with Now TV)

E!

Lifetime

All BT sport channels

All Sky sports channels

AMC

All Sky cinema channels

Nickelodeon and sub channels

All Disney channels

Cartoon network

All other channels like

All ITV, BBC and channels 4 and 5 including Film4, 4music,Sony channels, Really and Sky news are all run down your aerial. They are outside BT's jurisdiction.

If it is the aerial channels your missing and have done a return of your box, you may want to look in the BT phone book or www.118500.com and like for TV and satellite installers.

I'm hoping one day all channels including ITV will run over BT's network.

If you move onto Big Entertainment, you will get all the Now TV content and sky.channels and cheaper access to Sky cinema and Sky sports. Plus you will get Sky 1,sky witness, Sky Atlantic, sky crime, sky arts and sky comedy 

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Not getting all my channels

@Petertatum 

The problem with the Youview box is that it's tuners aren't very good.

Your particular issue is probably due to the fact that your signal strength is quite low caused by 1 of 3 things:-

1. That  your aerial needs replacing or realigning

2. You're tuned to the wrong transmitter

3. You're a great distance from the transmitter or there's some obstruction in the line of sight.

Out of interest what signal strength are you getting on BBC1 and ITV with and without the booster?

0 Ratings