Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JT42
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Not getting extra channels subscribed to

Go to solution

Hi

We've just got BT TV, broadband, etc. Finally got Youview connected to the home hub. Can't seem to access the extra kid's channels we've subscribed to. Can't access BT Sport either. Not showing in guide and can't access via inputting channel number direct.

Have checked via settings that Youview is connected to broadband and it is.

Have tried going through BT Player button on remote control.

Have retuned channels several times.

Have run software update on youview box.

Have checked in my BT account online and it's showing as subscribed to kids package.

When I click TV Channels in settings it says TV aerial channels 191; Subscription channels 0

Please help, the kids are desperate to be able to watch Disney channel and Nick again! (Wishing we'd stayed with Sky!)

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Not getting extra channels subscribed to

Go to solution

Hi @JT42,

I'm sorry you haven't been able to access the extra channels as part of your TV subscription. I'll be able to help you with this. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
JT42
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Hi
How long does it normally take for things to get sorted? I sent my details this morning. Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @JT42,

I've had a look at our queue and can confirm that we have your details. There are a few cases a head of you in the queue and we'll reply as soon as we can.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
JT42
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Seriously frustrated with BT right now. Just spent over half an hour on live chat tryint to get this fixed. We shouldn't have to wait so long to get something fixed when we're paying for channels we're not getting.

The woman was very patronising. She tried telling me it's because the mini connectors which we bought from BT should have green lights on, not blue like they do. After quitting chat she called me, and despite me trying to tell her that the mini connector instruction book I was holding in my hand made no mention of green lights and said blue lights mean it is connected and working normally, she just wouldn't listen and said it should have green lights!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
clique-al
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

If it was india chat line you were dealing with, forget it waste of time they don't listen. I had problem with my BTTV and left it in the hands of the MOD's on here to resolve which they did within a few days. So i would recommend that you leave your issue and let the MOD's resolve fix your problem. They will get back to you guaranted. Be patient!.

siteguru
Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I echo the above.

And if you've paid for something but not received it they'll usually also arrange a pro-rata refund.

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
JT42
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

OK thanks.

Sorry to seem impatient, but aside from begrudging paying for something I can't access, I've got kids wanting to know when they can watch their channels. They don't sit in front of TV all day, but have a couple of favourite programmes they're unable to watch at the moment, which is especially a pain in the school holidays.

0 Ratings