cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 28

Now/Next EPG data now vertical.

I see this morning the guide has updated, really not sure if it's a good move takes up way too much of the screen and you can't scroll beyond the next programme.  Is this part of the big upcoming changes that have mentioned?

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28

Re: Now/Next EPG data now vertical.

@tweetSP0RT   This link on Youview support will shed some light on the subject

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/bt-software-update-visual-guide/

Message 3 of 28

Thanks, I had a look earlier this morning on the Youview site, but couldn't find anything beyond the update about the buffer recording etc.

Not a fan of it taking up half the screen to view what's on next might as well open the main guide!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 28

When I press down I just get images of whats coming on for the next few hours and and can go up and down to see what's on other channels on my BT TV Pro box.

It does not look like the screenshot on the Youview web page.

The update seems to have happened as the software version is the same as detailed. 

Not sure if the changes have taken affect though. 

Message 5 of 28

Same here, my Box appears to have received the update (4.0.220/0.5.252) but when I’m watching Live TV and I press up/down/left/right I’m still presented with a horizontal line of tiles.

…………………………………………………………………………………………….………………………………………………..….…….…. My Services - Full Fibre 100, Smart Hub 2, EE Smart WiFi, Digital Voice, Alexa Phone, BT TV Box Pro
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 28

@Weerab1983 @MC22 

There have been two recent updates for the BT Pro Box.

14 July: 0.5.252/4.0.220 (find a remote and time-shift buffer recording)

29 July: Visual Guide. The Component Software and Manufacturer Software versions stay the same as before.  There might be a change to Platform Configuration but I haven't had the update yet so can't check. The Visual Guide update is a phased roll-out and is still rolling-out. From what you've posted it so it sounds like you haven't had the update as yet.

Message 7 of 28

Same here.  Another day, same carp.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 28

Blimey!

Who signed that off. Surely all that's needed is a single line banner at the bottom of the screen running horizontal so that you can browse left to right and up and down.

Why cover the screen?

Message 9 of 28

Personally when I turn my box on I'm either going to watch a recording, set a recording or if I had a TV subscription watch one of those channels so I don't want/need a screen full of totally unnecessary stuff presented to me. Which incidentally slows down the box anyway.

There's no pre-warning of these changes and I'm sure that many older people (I'm mid 70s so I can say that) must get quite confused by some of this stuff.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 28

They should have built in a 'settings'  option to choose one or  the other views.  Or is that to sensible?

0 Ratings