cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Now TV Channels requiring pin

Go to solution

I realise this has been asked before and the answer was that you need a pin each time you tune in pre-watershed.

But.... I wanted to check if that answer still stands.

Is  there no work around to putting the parental pin each time to you tune to certain NowTv channels?

Ive only been using these channels for a single day and it's already very tedious if you are prone to channel surfing.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Now TV Channels requiring pin

Go to solution

Unfortunately the Mandatory Daytime PIN process require the PIN  at the entry point that you start to watch the channel so channel hopping means that you will be required to enter the PIN even if you want to view only a few seconds. 

Personally I use the mini guide on BT TV/ Youview whereby you can continue to watch the current channel whilst seeing tiles of what is on other channels and only  switch channels if  I really want to change viewing.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

This does not explain why I don’t have to use my PIN if I access the same channels on the NOW app installed on my TV or iPad but I do if I access the channels on the BT Youview box.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Hozz  That is down to OFcom and how it regulates  licensed linear broadcast  channel services such as those in the BT TV EPG   which must adhere to the OFcom Broadcasting Code and content provided on Video on Demand platforms such as NOW which have the  OFcom On Demand  processing Code which has some rules and some non binding guidance . So different regulations. 

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks for the prompt response.
0 Ratings