Message 11 of 18

Re: Now TV Freezing and Buffering

It's worth a go! 😂
0 Ratings
palmeri8145
Beginner
Message 12 of 18

Agreed that this is really annoying. It happens on Now TV sports channels (mainly football) on my BT 4K box but doesn't seem to happen when viewing on demand entertainment (like box sets).

It seems worse at weekends when it regularly just stops, probably a message size / buffering issue error due to higher demand.   

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 18

@palmeri8145 are you watching sports live through the NowTV app or catch up content?? 

If you're watching live, why not watch through the Youview EPG as they're broadcast via the multicast system so you won't have any buffering at all.

0 Ratings
palmeri8145
Beginner
Message 14 of 18

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think I can do this as I have bought a NowTV pass direct through NowTV and not BT , so I don't think it can be used using the EPG? Maybe I'm wrong!
0 Ratings
ken2222
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 18

I've got the same problem freezing stuffing with on-demand programs and films what I done is I went into the NOW TV app and into account and I went to the NOW TV booster and put it into Sony surround and it worked no picture broke up the only works for the entertainment programs like games of throne they doesn't work with the movies still break the movie still pleases and Buffon if I put it back into stereo it takes up again and freezers and buffers

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 18

@palmeri8145  ahh right.. no you can't. 

0 Ratings
JezzaF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 18

I was told that there is a known issue with the BT Ultra HD boxes and Now TV which can only be resolved with writing some new code.
Not sure how long that will take, if ever!
0 Ratings
ken2222
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 18

Have had this prob for longing time now I am fed up with it

0 Ratings