cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Now TV Series End Dates

Go to solution

I've got two series I'm watching on Now TV via the YV box that are showing end dates of 10 DEC for watching.

When I log into Now TV via my PC no end date is shown on either. What's going on?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Now TV Series End Dates

Go to solution

Hi @DelicaMan 

NOW would typically control what on demand content would be available across their platforms , they do have a section on their own community for content issues

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/bd-p/contentissues

what content specifically are you concerned about and what screen  on the Youview box  are you seeing the end date of 10 December appearing  ? Also which Youview box are you using the app on ?

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi, we're watching, "A Town Called Eureka", and, "Warehouse 13". We've at least a season of each left to watch.

From the YV box I select the Now TV app, then 'Watchlist'. Its there that the current episodes and future seasons show the end date of 10DEC. The YV box is a DTRT2100.

When I log into Now TV via my PC I go through the same selection process and no end date is shown.

I had another odd situation last night. I'd recorded the Sky documentary about the Aston Martin DB5 and its association with James Bond. When I selected it from my list of recordings the message came up that it was unavailable. I went back to the listings and selected [i] for information for that recording. All the details were okay so I selected 'Watch Now' and the recording played back without issue.

Its as if the Now TV app on the YV box is having trouble validating my subscription.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@DelicaMan  I had a quick look on various devices  I had access to this afternoon.

First looking at IPad Now App , I found the watch until dates  ( eg c 10 Dec) consistent with those on the Youview/BT Tv Now App so  evidence suggest that is the probable end date.

I had a look on PC and whilst the watch until date doesn’t appear on the Now Watchlist it does appear at the individual episode level  when you access the series by say search  etc.

So I don’t believe there is a BT or Youview issue here but there is perhaps an improvement that Now could look at on their PC player.

I did discover  a BT / Youview issue with A Town Called Eureka  which is the title of the program/series in the EPG for the Now SYfy HD channel. However Now SYfy SD channel AND Now app consider the title of the programme to be Eureka,  IMDB lists Eureka as an alternative title for A Town Called Eureka so it appears whoever is supplying EPG data to BT/Youview is using different primary titles for the SD and HD programming. This causes an issue with the Youview/BT search as the On Demand content for Eureka available on Now TV is not detected by a Youview/BT search for A town Called Euerka, so provides a 0  on demand return and then no links to the on demand content  that is available on Now TV . That is something that  I believe should be fed back by BT.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Very odd.

It looks like Now TV on the web took a while to update because the end date, as you state, is there now but definitely wasn't when I checked on Friday.

Oh well, we'll have to binge watch Eureka or buy Season 5 😞

As for warehouse 13 we've no chance.

Thank you.

0 Ratings