cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Now TV: Unable to set password

Hello, I signed up to the Now TV package with a gmail account but I am unable to set a password.

I have tried many times to set the password but I don’t receive the email to verify.

I asked BT a week ago over the phone to change the email address but they said they will send it to a backend online team which takes 24 hours but that was a week ago.

I can only access Now TV through the BT Box which was already logged in to the account on arrival. I can not log on to the Now TV app or set a password.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Now TV: Unable to set password

You don't give a lot to go on.
Just to clarify, you received an email from BT with a link to the Now TV website to set a password which you followed, entered your new password and it didn't work?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, NOW TV recognizes the email address but when I try to set the password to access the NOW TV app, I don't receive the verification email. 

The BT TV box is signed in to NOW TV but the username doesn't show the email address. Not sure if it's an issue with Gmail accounts.

I have contacted BT support via chat and phone, they send me to the reset password page which I've already tried many times. BT said they could change the NOW TV email address over the phone but sent it to their offline "backend" team, that was over a week ago now and I'm still unable to access the NOW TV app.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

It's not an issue with Gmail accounts, I also use a gmail address and it works fine.

Have you looked carefully at the username to make sure that no unexpected erroneous characters have crept in, for example ä instead of a

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Checked that and no issues there.

I contacted BT support now and they said they have sent it to the tier two team to change the NOW TV email address to see if that works but it has been a week so far.

I also have an older NOW TV account which I can access and I asked support if they can switch the package to that account but no reply yet.

0 Ratings