Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
f1charlie
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Now TV number of devices

Go to solution

As I understand it, if I subscribe to Now TV through BT, as well as accessing the content via the YouView box I can also access it via other devices eg PC, Now box?

How many can be connected and viewing at the same time?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: Now TV number of devices

Go to solution

It can be watched on up to 4 different devices, 2 at the same time as standard or if you have the boost up to 6 with 3 different at the same time

f1charlie
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick reply.

I currently have the Classic TV package, BT Sport and HD add-on which costs £27.50 (£6+£14+£7.50). 

Presumably I could switch to the Sport base package with HD for £20 and get the same for less?

Or go for the Big Sport and cancel my Sky Now TV sport.

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Yes to both although they'd probably have new 24 month tv & bb contracts attached, if you went for the big sport you'd just give your email address during the order journey & it'd be transferred over

0 Ratings
Paul608085
Expert
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

I am in a similar position and my contract will be up soon. I currently have the legacy entertainment and BT Sport with the HD/UHD add on. I also buy discounted NowTV passes for Sport and Entertainment directly from NowTV and view via the app on the BT boxes. I also have the Boost pass for NowTV.

If go for the "Big Sport" package, and pay the extra for HD, (£5?), will that also give me the Sky Sports channels in HD as well as BT Sport, or is that an additional cost on top, (£3 NowTV Boost?)?

I found this on BT's website, but it reads as contradictory to me:Paul608085_0-1613152383046.png

I think that point 1 says that you get any channel that is part of your package in HD where available, but point 2 seems to say that the NowTV channels are only available in HD in the VIP package. Also, is BT Sport Ultimate only available with the VIP package, or does that come with the HD add-on?

Or, am I misinterpreting this?

0 Ratings
f1charlie
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

If you go through the order process it looks like you do get HD on both:

f1charlie_0-1613210336589.png

0 Ratings
Paul608085
Expert
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

@f1charlie 

Great - thanks for that 😀

Do you happen to know if the HD add-on also gives access to the NowTV channels on up to 6 devices and 3 concurrently as my NowTV Boost Pass does, or is it still max 4 and 2 concurrently?

0 Ratings
f1charlie
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

@Paul608085 

That's not so clear!  From the NowTV on BT terms and conditions:

f1charlie_0-1613219843417.png

Is BT's HD add-on equivalent to Now's boost?  You would hope so! 

The way I read the above, it says you can register 6 devices if you don't have the boost, but doesn't specify how many if you do!  It is specific about using only two at the same time without the boost, but three with.

0 Ratings
Paul608085
Expert
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

@f1charlie 

Thanks for that. My Boost pass direct from NowTV only allows a maximum of 6 devices to be registered at the same time, so I doubt that BT's version would allow more than that?

0 Ratings
f1charlie
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution
I'm sure that's how it's supposed to read, but I don't think they've checked it properly!
0 Ratings