cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Now TV on BT questions.

I used to have NowTV completely separate from BT. I’m looking at renewing now as contract is up on BT. 

So is it cheaper to get NowTV through BT?

Will the channels record to the BT box for later viewing, do they have a time limit for viewing?

I used to use the NowTV app to watch on my iPhone, do I still do that, or the BT app?

You used to have to pay for HD on NowTV (unbelievably), called boost pass. Is the BT NowTV in HD or again a separate purchase on top?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Now TV on BT questions.

So is it cheaper to get NowTV through BT?

This is subjective and dependent on which package you take. Personally, I'm on VIP with 6 months at half price which also includes Netflix. So, yes it's cheaper for me.

Will the channels record to the BT box for later viewing, do they have a time limit for viewing?

You can record NowTV channels and they won't vanish after a set period.

I used to use the NowTV app to watch on my iPhone, do I still do that, or the BT app?

You can use the NowTV app as you would normally.

You used to have to pay for HD on NowTV (unbelievably), called boost pass. Is the BT NowTV in HD or again a separate purchase on top?

If you take one of the base packs, you'll need to add Boost for full 1080p HD and the quality is outstanding. However, if you go VIP everything is included in the price. You can upgrade Netflix to UHD for an extra £4 month as it's HD as standard.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

For some reason BT are very coy about the resolution of their offering. If you look at the packages on offer today & click "See all the details", there is no mention of the resolution you will receive.

As above Now is natively 720, which is at least watchable on a large screen. BT's native offering is a lousy 576, which in my opinion is both unwatchable & unacceptable in 2022. It's also hard to comprehend how purchasers of the app get HD by default but purchasers of BTTV don't. especially now that the provided box for BTTV is only loaned & must be returned at the end of contract.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-TV-Online-player-or/Resolution-of-Streams-to-a-BT-Box/td-p/2...

If you've been with Now for a while you'll probably also be aware that on cancelling a service you will almost certainly be offered a short-term deal to stay. I've cancelled their Sport package every 3-4 months & always been offered a "deal" around £20pm rather than the headline price of £34.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Yes this is my worry. I can’t see anything about the resolution, it’s not the VIP package I’m getting. It’s entertainment package?

I want at least HD as you say it’s ridiculous in 2022 to, if they can, offer SD

I agree I always get cheap “deals” off Now, but the convenience of being able to record may out way this. I switch the sports on/off depending really.

Does this mean I can only get Now via BT now? Say I want the sports on I have to go through BT now?

I think I will have to phone and make sure I’m getting HD/UHD. I did specifically ask for “the same as I have but with Now so I can record”
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I believe all standard BT packages are SD only with an additional charge for HD.

I guess you could always create another Now account & subscribe to Sport as & when via that. But you obviously wouldn't then be able to record & can only pause live on one of their devices. I have the Now app on countless devices, including the TV, but none will pause. That's what got me looking at BTTV in the first place, but I refuse to pay a premium for HD.

Based on reading these forums & on my own experience, you really want anything promised by BT in writing!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@rbz5416wrote:

Based on reading these forums & on my own experience, you really want anything promised by BT in writing!

I should qualify that I mean anything promised over the phone by sales or general advisors & not the excellent support offered by the Mods here.

0 Ratings