cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hertsmum76
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

NowTV Buffering and Stopping

I moved to BT/NowTV only a week ago and we’ve have real issues with the youview box and watching any thing via NowTV as it buffers, freezes and loses what you were watching.

ive checked the internet line which is fine as Netflix and prime are working fine with no problems.

2 year contract and totally fed up already!

anyone else have this issue and had BT got a solution?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 10

Re: NowTV Buffering and Stopping

Does it also buffer when you watch the Now TV app on a PC or laptop or is it just the BT set top box?

0 Ratings
Hertsmum76
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Works perfectly fine 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 10

@Hertsmum76wrote:

Works perfectly fine 

Does that mean the app works fine or that the fault has cleared?

0 Ratings
Hertsmum76
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

The app works on other devices with no problem, the other apps all works fine on the devise that I’m trying to watch from
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 10

So the problem is most likely with the connection between your STB and hub or with the STB itself

0 Ratings
MJV
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

I have the same issue, having had BT TV for a month. 

Box connected to hub via mini connectors (modern electricity ring main in property) , 74mbps download to hub. NOW TV (HD 7830) streaming freezes randomly and can only be overcome but fast forwarding a couple of seconds. Happens on 90% of episodes played.

Yet, and this what makes me so disappointed in the capabilities of the BT box, is that I can stream NOW in HD over WiFi to the other end of the property at 26mbps to a cheap ROKU stick with no problems.

Very disappointed. What BT contact do I speak to for actual support/complaint?

0 Ratings
mikef
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

I have the same issue and in this thread here it says that BT are aware and are investigating:

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/NOW-TV-buffering-issues/td-p/2083595

cheers

NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

@Hertsmum76 it's a fundamental issue with the app. It's not fit for purpose on any device but NowTV will not accept this. I had countless problems with it on the PS4 but NowTV just blamed my 150mbps G-Fast connection and even said that it's my ISP's issue but if I moved my broadband to NowTV it'd work properly as it's a direct connection... 

0 Ratings
MJV
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Thank mikef for the link. I bet this is software related as all those who seem affected and have posted in the forums have more than enough bandwidth for streaming. That or the hardware/tv box is dated and can't cope. Here we all are, tripping over ethernet cables everywhere, yet a cheap as chips ROKU stick copes over WiFi. 

What gets me is that without NOW TV, the BT TV is pretty hollow in terms of content, but the centrepiece of BT's proposition isn't fit for purpose. 

0 Ratings