cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Nowtv channels quality

Go to solution

I recently have got the Entertainment package from BT. I am still polishing my installation and one issue I noticed is that the visual quality of the Nowtv channels seems to be way better when playing them from the Now app compared to my BT channel list. Is this a bug or a feature? Should I optimise the BT channels in some way?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Nowtv channels quality

Go to solution

Hi @fikys 

Are you watching the BT TV (Now)  SD channels which would be the case if you haven't opted for the HD or HD/4K addon  to your Entertainment package?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

I have had the package for a couple of weeks, and I am very pleased with it. I too notice a better picture when viewing though the NOW app within the BT Box Pro, so I just navigate to watch there. Maybe a little longer to arrive at the channel, but worth it when you get there!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

If you don't have the HD Boost, I think BT TV pushes them at 576i as SD but the NowTV app pushes them at 720i...

We have the VIP pack which includes HD Boost and all Sky/NowTV channels are 1080p via the EPG and the quality is excellent 

Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks Nigel. I am considering the upgrade further down the line. Clive.
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Be careful, I believe that if you add another service, you will be recreated and lose the benefit of the offer you might have enjoyed when you signed up.

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Good point! I'll certainly evaluate the service before I make any changes to it - as I say it's serving me fine at the moment!
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Agreed. I'm very happy with bttv

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you all for responses. This is very useful. It is odd to see though that BT 'downgrades' the NowTV standard channel quality on their system but keeps the same quality when you upgrade to full HD.

0 Ratings