cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cassie
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Offered BT TV App

I got the offer of this app free yesterday.

Probably a sweetener after the new price increase.

Followed instructions , got confirmation e-mails. checked my billing and it was there, as no charge.

It did say it could take upto 24hrs before I could access the extra channels etc.

Tried today, and eventually after stating it was subscription only it cleared and came up on the screen as no charge.

Hoever, still no access to the extra channels although they were showing on the guide.

Spoke to BT and went through re-set and checking software updates, it automatically had updated everything yesterday anyway.

After decling a factory re-set, which would lose all my recordings, I was advised to give it until tomorrow afternoon, maybe need a new Youview box?

So hope it will sort itself out tomorrow and will report back.

Just a query, can I get this on my Mac desktop, don't seem to get any T.V. programmes at all yet get all others on my iPad

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: TV extra app

Hi @Cassie

You can watch your subscription channels and purchased content on your Mac at http://tv.bt.com (you will need silverlight installed)

Log in using your BT account as usual. If you are still having issues accessing it tomorrow post back and let us know!

Cassie
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Thanks Dean for the info on silverlight.

Not much use downloading it yet though as the promise from a BT agent ringing back at 12pm today to sort out access to the Extra channels never materialised.

Ironically she promised to ring us so we wouldn't have to repeat ourselves and go through the various steps again with another agent.

No sense trying with the chat site as I know from experience it usually cuts out and I have to start again with another agent.

So in limbo as per usual.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 12

HI @Cassie

I've asked the moderation team to pop on the thread and see if they can offer any help as you've tried everything you can. They will post here shortly.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 12

The BT TV App Extra would give you further access ( in terms of total number of devices and range of devices) to that existing on the standard (2 device) BT Tv app.  it does not itself increase the number of subscribed channels on your YouView Box that would depend on your existing BT Tv package.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Re: Offered BT TV App

Hi @Cassie

Thanks for your post!  I have moved your post to start your own thread as that's the best thing to do.

Sorry you never received the call back to sort out your extra (multicast) channels.  We can help you with this from here.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Cassie
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Oh dear, if that's true then I have been wasting mine and other posters time on here with this.

I honestly thought it would give me some extra channels, if not why would I even bother downloading the app, just to watch programmes on the "go"?

0 Ratings
Cassie
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Just checked my BT package.

I have Essentials and the only thing I seem to have gained by accepting the free offer is AMC HD?

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 9 of 12

I have still not had the offer for the free BT TV extra app. Im still on the old Entertanment Max package that i have been on for about 3 years now. 

All my BT contracts are up for renewal in January and I will be hopping BT offer me a discount again.

Darren

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 12

@ney

The TV Extra App is for those who had a recent price increase and the offer is sent via email. You may need to check email junk folders. The offer emails only started to go out last week..

0 Ratings