cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Old style teletext red button

Go to solution

Can someone tell me how to access old style teletext / red button on BT TV . My elderly father won't use the Internet & had a humax box to access it but the box isn't working anymore.

Is there a way to access teletext using his BT TV without buying a new freeview box?

I use SKY so all different for me.  

Thank you. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Old style teletext red button

Go to solution

Hasn't Teletext been closed down? 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Lynny66 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, the red button on the BBC channels is bringing up interactive options for the Olympics today, if you get your Dad to go to one of the BBC radio channels for example 704 and press the red button he'll get the Teletext options he's used too.

Thanks

Neil

Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Thank you, he said that didn't work! But I will try tomorrow when I am with him. Many thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I always use ch 702 (BBC Radio Two) for "Text" using the red buttun. It does work, although I have found on the odd occasion it doesn't show. To solve it I changing channel and going back, and it then appears.

Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
thanks- will let you know tomorrow!
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks very much for this it worked!
However his Humax box had broken - was 10 years old. We bought a new one & during the set up we could get teletext using the text button until I set up the BT Hub and then we had to use the radio channels to access it. Dad is happy- Thanks very much for your help!
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

No it's still there. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Lynny66 Many thanks for keeping the thread updated, I'm really glad that worked for your Dad 😁

Neil

0 Ratings