cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CMA
Contributor
Message 1 of 21

Only a matter of time

I was bound to happen sooner or later, jst received notificarion from BT that the Film snd Box Sets bolt-on will be discontinued as of 30th June.

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
ney
Expert
Message 2 of 21

Re: Only a matter of time

I have n aot had this notificarion and I still have the BT Film/TV box sets bolt on.

I have noticed though that quit a few TV box sets are only avalible up until midnight on 30th June.

I wonder if they will stop taking £5 a month of me after this date.

I do have the BT TV entertanment package as well as the HD extra bolt on.

BT need to think about adding more channels to there extra catch up player service.

Darren

0 Ratings
CMA
Contributor
Message 3 of 21

Ney

I only got the letter in todays post and yes it did state that i would no longer be charged for the £5 pm from 30th June. They only as yet offer the alternative of Netflix, which of course is not unique to BT TV.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 4 of 21

I already used Netflix before BT started offering it.

I did use the BT flim/TV box sets.

Will see if I get a letter this week then and thanks for the info.

Darren

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 5 of 21

I got the letter the day and it says we can add Netflix to your package at no extra cost. I already was using Netflix before BT started offering it.
Don't think I will be using the BT player much after 30th June unless BT add more channels to there BT catch up extra player service.

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
jbancroft1
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 21

I will be cancelling my BT TV subscription when my contract expires in June,as I only seem to be watching only  fee view programmes...none of the 20 extra channels or BT Sport interest me.

Iam fed up of waiting for BT to improve their number of channels.

0 Ratings
ledgie
Contributor
Message 7 of 21

I got the letter today.  I currently on non-fibre BB and have TV Unlimited which I think is £12 per month.  They are offering to include Netflix and keep the price at £12 and if I don't take Netflix they will reduce my bill by £1.50!!

If they are ending TV and Film all I really want is the Kids bolt-on (£3) but I think I also need to pay the £5 per month for essentials but not really sure what I will be getting for my money for the £5.

I already have Netflix separately so I think my options are:

• to do nothing and it will be £10.50 per month plus 5.99 that I pay seperatly for Netflix (£16.49)
  • to Take TV Essentials and Kids Bolt-on (£5 + £3) only plus 5.99 that I pay seperatly for Netflix (£13.99)
  • cancel my separate Netflix account and pay via BT (£12 for 12 month then 13.99)
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 21

Hmmm....I wonder what they will offer BT Vision+ Box customers as they can't get Netflix through BT TV.
Chromecast perhaps?

Stew
0 Ratings
Peter
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 21

I should imagine that the BT Vision service will close soon after the Box Sets and film go.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 10 of 21

I would think that the BT Vision service will come to an end by the end of this year. 

The only channel the BT Vision service has that BT Youview don't is Sky Sports 5.

Youview seems a better service than the old Vision service that is slowly becoming an outdated service.

Darren

0 Ratings