Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dikul
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Ordering YouView - or not!

Go to solution

I have just ordered YouView from BT for the third time in 3 working days.  The orders are being cancelled by BT, but they don't know why.  I have even had the situation where I am looking at the online confirmation of the order whilst being told by an advisor that there is no outstanding order.

Unbelieveable!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
dikul
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ordering YouView - or not!

Go to solution
Well, what a waste of space BT are. 3 orders now rejected by "the system", and no one can over ride the all powerful system.
I've just spoken to a manager who is going to try to find out why it's rejecting all my orders and, whilst I cannot fault the customer handling skills of any of the Customer Options Team, I am not hopeful that this customer has aany options left with BT.
0 Ratings
dikul
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
A manager has just called me and told me that the reason for my orders being rejected is that my current contract does not run out for another 12 days. So OK, I now know the why, but I wonder why I got an email from BT making the YouView offer in the first place and why nobody at BT can communicate with their customers when an order is rejected.
0 Ratings
MountainMan101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

That sounds like a poor excuse. My contract expired in July, I continued at 12.50 a month out of contract for 2 months while I decided what to do - I was annoyed that the option to cancel any monthly payment and continue with just a freeview box was no longer available. Eventually I recontracted in September at £4 / month to keep the box working with the option to end at anytime for £2.25 for any remaining months if the YouView offer was better for new customers rather than existing.

As it happens the YouView offer is better for existing customers. I paid £49 and recontracted at £4/month after just 1 month of the contract. My broadband was also renewed and that was only 3 months old and I have a great rate on that £10.25 for 40gb and evening/weekend calls. So BT have at least one happy customer 🙂

0 Ratings
dikul
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

An update - when I received the Early Bird email I rang BT again because it does state that you need to be out of your initial contract period, which I am. The advisor agreed, checked again on the cancelled orders and told me that the order rejections are nothing to do with any contracts that I may have.  The system will not accept any orders against my account.  I am supposedly due a call back from the order processing team's back office, but I am not holding my breath.  As I keep saying to BT, the system is there to serve them and their customers, not the other way round!  If they cannot sort out this problem, it looks as if the only way option is to go to another company.  I have suggested this to BT, who seem to be only too pleased to give me a MAC number.

0 Ratings