cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grunej
Message 1 of 5

Pairing LG Magic Remote with BT Youview Box

I recently bought a LG 55EC930V with a LG Magic Remote but when I try to pair it with my BT Youview Box (in order to have one remote to use instead of 2) it does not work, as if the BT Youview Box was not set up for pairing with LG TVs. Does anyone know how to fix this?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Pairing LG Magic Remote with BT Youview Box

@grunej wrote:

I recently bought a LG 55EC930V with a LG Magic Remote but when I try to pair it with my BT Youview Box (in order to have one remote to use instead of 2) it does not work, as if the BT Youview Box was not set up for pairing with LG TVs. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Does your LG Tv have webOS or the older interface?

I have an LG with the older interface and it was in Settings/Set The Universal Control

The magic remote for my set has a button marked 1-2-3/Input which shows an onscreen menu for the Humax YouView.

Did you have the YV box fully on when you tried this i.e. not in stand-by?

0 Ratings
hboffy
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

I have a new LG OLED tv. It is paired with th bt tv humax ultra box but i can’t get the LG magic remote to operate the bt box. Any solution please as I only want to use one remote
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sageman
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I am having the same problem did you ever resolve it?

0 Ratings
hboffy
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Only partially. I have set the you tube control to talk to the tv so can control volume but that’s all LG say it’s not possible.
0 Ratings