Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gspearson
Expert
Message 1 of 10

Pairing YouView box with Ipad Mini

I've downloaded the Youview app to my Ipad Mini and gone through the process of getting a code from the BT YouView box and entering it into my iPad.  But it always says "attempt to connect failed".  The same applies to my retail YouView box.

Broadband is connected and delivers internet channels and catch up on teh box and teh iPAd connects well too.

Anyone had any success doing this?  Where might I be going wrong?

Geoff

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 10

Re: Pairing YouView box with Ipad Mini

I downloaded the Youview app to an ipad last night and it generally was ok....I was able to set up recordings remotely for 3 programs - the first of which recorded OK last night.  For some reason a 4th recording request set on the app didn't appear on the youview box despite appearing as sent on the app. I set it directly on the box.

Is your mobile device showing as listed  in the Youview Device management ?

Is your Youview box ECo mode set to Low ?

Are you attempting to connect the same ipad to two different Youview boxes ? 

General point - much easier to see whats on Youview box by using the Ipad app that scrolling thru the Youview EPG.

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 3 of 10

The box says it will set to Eco automatically (although it is already); there are no devices connected showing - that is what I am trying to do.  I would like to connect the iPad to one box or the other - I don't mind which but neither connects.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 10

Maybe worth posting on Youview community as well to see if they have any such experiences.

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 5 of 10

thanks - been there.

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 6 of 10

Now fixed.  The answer was to give up BT TV, but keep the YouView box.  I've paired my iPad to my other retail YouView box and it all works perfectly.

0 Ratings
moflo38
Message 7 of 10

I have recently been provided with a new TalkTalk YouView box how do I pair the box to my iPad and iPhone the old app doesn't do it

thanks Maureen

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

@moflo38 wrote:

I have recently been provided with a new TalkTalk YouView box how do I pair the box to my iPad and iPhone the old app doesn't do it

thanks Maureen

@moflo38

This is a BT Retail forum. Please could you post on the TalkTalk user forum, or on the main public YouView forum.

The TalkTalk Members Forums

https://community.youview.com/youview

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 10

@moflo38 If you change Youview boxes you would need to disconnect the Youview app from the old box and then connect it to your new Youview box.

on the Youview IPAD app you can go to Settings  and then select the Disconnect your Youview box option.

Alternatively you can disconnect using the options available on your old Youview box.

You would need then to connect your new replacement Youview box.

How you do that may depend upon whether the Youview box is on the Next Gen Youview software . if it is then using the YOuview IPAD app  Settings again (Connect your Youview box option).

If your new Youview box is still on the original Youview  software then you will probably neeed to use the Youview box commands to connect the device.

0 Ratings
moflo38
Message 10 of 10

Thanks for all the advice, I have now sorted the problem, did exactly as you said. Thanks again

0 Ratings