Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 11 of 15

Re: Parental Control PIN mysteriously activated

Go to solution

I'm on a legacy TV package, not the new Now TV offerings. If you're sure that you have the Parental Control Pin set to Off in Settings, it might be worth going into Maintenance Mode and doing a Reset (Keep Recordings). Yours is the first post that I've read where it's a major problem, so I would think that it's either a TV Box problem or perhaps there may be an issue on your account. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

It may be account related as both of my YouView boxes are the same. You would think that once you enter the pin, then it would not prompt you every time a new 'mature' programme starts on the same channel.

I'm also getting 'channel playback stopped' messages now and prompts saying channels are not set up, when they are!

I'll get in touch with BT

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

My theory is that what you are experiencing with some  pre-watershed Discovery programmes having mandatory PIN protection is due to the metadata that exists for the indivdual programme. For example ahe programme Fast N'Loud 5,Ep4 Bad Boss broadcast today (4 June ) at 6pm has the NOT GENERALLY SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN UNDER 15  in the prograamme info.

I wonder if @Andy005 looks at his legacy package Discovery channel whether there is that same guidance text in the programme info on that channel.

I would expect Mandatory PIN protection to apply at an invidual programme level so am not suprised that @FLORIAN_SCHLEIFFEN_S  experiences the need to  put the PIN in again if a further rated programme starts.

I see no indication of any account related issues nor of any benefits in doing a maintenance mode reset here

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

@zulu17wrote:

My theory is that what you are experiencing with some  pre-watershed Discovery programmes having mandatory PIN protection is due to the metadata that exists for the indivdual programme. For example ahe programme Fast N'Loud 5,Ep4 Bad Boss broadcast today (4 June ) at 6pm has the NOT GENERALLY SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN UNDER 15  in the prograamme info.

I wonder if @Andy005 looks at his legacy package Discovery channel whether there is that same guidance text in the programme info on that channel.

I would expect Mandatory PIN protection to apply at an invidual programme level so am not suprised that @FLORIAN_SCHLEIFFEN_S  experiences the need to  put the PIN in again if a further rated programme starts.

I see no indication of any account related issues nor of any benefits in doing a maintenance mode reset here

There's no content warnings in my programme synopsis for that Fast N'Loud episode, or any future ones on 376, but I can see them on the Now TV Discovery Channel.

Highlighted
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

That guidance metadata is there for me using the Now TV package. So this seems more like a case of overused metadata as opposed to Ofcom regulations, as when viewing the same programme on the Now TV app (same subscription etc), that guidance is not there and no PIN is required.

Regards

0 Ratings