cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Pause, rewind and skip forward not working correctly

Hi

So have had this BT TV box for a while now and noticed recently an old issue has come back.

I have noticed this on my box and my mother's (retail) box.

If you pause for 5 minutes the bar doesn't progress in time with the program and you can only continue playing from when you paused.

You cannot wind back say 5 minutes, even if you have been watching for half an hour.

You cannot skip forwards to jump adverts and you are now stuck watching live tv 5 minutes behind what's actually happening.

You can't even press the stop button to jump to now / live.

If you change channel and back you then catch up with live, but even 20 minutes later you cannot even jump back to re-watch/relisten to a scene.

Quick power reboot (mains off, wait 10 seconds, back on and then go through the start-up process) and all is well but not for more than maybe 10 days to 2 weeks, when the issue creeps back.

As you will see from the photos my box is up to date and even though Mrs has been watching a program for 20+ minutes the time bar doesn't reflect that. It doesn't show how far you can go back or how far ahead the live program is.

Again, all i could do is press play - no jumping back and no jumping forward is allowed or possible.

Anyone else?Box Config.jpgExample.jpg

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Pause, rewind and skip forward not working correctly

I have exactly the same issue! Also my box audio isn’t synced on all channels! 

Message 3 of 8

Phew at least not just me then. Still happens here and needs a reboot every 2-4 weeks.

Not sure about the audio sync issue though. Never noticed that issue.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Same here in 2023. Thanks BT devs

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Did anyone find a resolution for this please? I’ve been having the exact same issues as you for the last week. So annoying! 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Sorry I'm afraid not. Just have to do the occasional reboot of the box.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Ok thank you

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Don't know how to word my problem very well but when I fast forward or rewind, the picture doesn't show whilst doing so it just freezes til I press play, so I have to kind of guess where I've fast forwarded or rewound too, if that makes sense? 

Anyone else? Kind of remember it being better than this 

0 Ratings