Did you mean: 
Highlighted
valleysboy16
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Persistent IPC6023 errors

Go to solution

Hello,

For the last 10 days or so I have been suffering from frequent IPC6023 errors on all BT TV internet channels. Prior to this the system has worked fine (since last January).

In an effort to identify the problem I stripped back my network to the bare essentials, with only the following components connected - unfortunately this had no effect and the problems persist.

IPC6023 setup.PNG

My internet connection is performing well, with good connection speed, as shown below:

RouterStats.PNG

I have no issues with other video streaming services (iplayer, Now TV etc).

My cabinet details are as follows:

LineCheck.JPG

I've looked at other IPC6023 threads, and found nothing that works - I'm loath to phone customer services as I'm not even sure where my BT Hub is anymore (shed? Loft?), but I'm now out of ideas and would appreciate any thoughts/advice on what else I could try.

Thanks

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES
V_Meldrew
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: Persistent IPC6023 errors

Go to solution

I don't know if you've seen a very old post of mine on this subject, the following achieved a big improvement for me but was met with a mixed reaction from others.

Logon to your router and note the IP address of your Humax box and the DNS address(s), logout without making any changes.

Go to Network Settings on your Humax box and set the IP address to static (assuming it's not already) and to that noted from the router, now change the DNS server address(s) to those noted from your router. Save and exit.

0 Ratings
valleysboy16
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Many thanks for this - I had already set the IP address to static, but your post did remind me that I had changed the DNS servers to the The Global Cyber Alliance Quad9 DNS (9.9.9.9).

I changed them back to the Google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4), but that didn't fix the problem either - still getting IPC6023 on all internet channels.

I guess the next step is to try BT's DNS servers, but I'm not convinced - I'll give it a try and report back...

Cheers

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

valleysboy16 wrote:

I guess the next step is to try BT's DNS servers, but I'm not convinced - I'll give it a try and report back...

Cheers

I did the same at first, tried Google and OpenDNS and neither worked properly but then I entered the BT addresses and hey presto it worked. Let's hope it works for you

0 Ratings
valleysboy16
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

V_Meldrew wrote:

I did the same at first, tried Google and OpenDNS and neither worked properly but then I entered the BT addresses and hey presto it worked. Let's hope it works for you

So, tried using the BT DNS servers, but no luck I'm afraid. IPC6023 is still kicking in (usually after 15-25 minutes of watching).

I've just performed a full factory reset (sacrificing all recordings), and I'll see how that goes this afternoon.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

0 Ratings
valleysboy16
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Still no joy - factory reset made no difference. BT TV effectively unwatchable.

The only causes I can think of now are a dodgy ethernet cable to the YouView box, or the box itself - could IPC6023 be a sign of a broken box?

I'll stick a laptop on the end of the ethernet cable and run some speedtests tonight...

Any other thoughts gratefully received!

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

The only other possible cause I can think of is your router, I see yours is a TP Link model. I believe Miracast is optional (via a checkbox) with TPL, have you enabled it?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

valleysboy16 wrote:

Still no joy - factory reset made no difference. BT TV effectively unwatchable.

The only causes I can think of now are a dodgy ethernet cable to the YouView box, or the box itself - could IPC6023 be a sign of a broken box?

I'll stick a laptop on the end of the ethernet cable and run some speedtests tonight...

Any other thoughts gratefully received!

Has it worked before?

You have to assign a specific LAN port for IPTV as I think its like the TP-Link TD-W9970.

There was also this post which related to IPTV which may be relevent.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/BT-Infinity-with-Cisco-Umbrella-OpenDNS/m-p/1803...

The IPTV settings on your TP link may be similar to the W9970.

BT Youview settings

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
valleysboy16
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks both - I'll dive into the router manual later, and see what I can discover, though I'm sure it has worked fine in the past.

I tested the ethernet cable last night and got a healthy 48 meg at the TV box, so throughput doesn't seem an issue.

Thanks again for all your help.

0 Ratings
valleysboy16
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

I spent some time yesterday going through the TP-Link manual and confirmed that the IGMP Snooping setting is correct, so no joy there.

I then bought a TP-Link TD-w9970, which has received many plaudits on these forums, and encouraged by devon_daves screenshot showing an IPTV setting - unfortunatelt this setting disappears when using the router in conjunction with the HG612 modem (wireless router mode)!

I'm going to take a pause from this now - I'm afraid of tinkering any further before Christmas, as the family all come home and start streaming films etc. I may try the router in VDSL mode and see if the IPTV setting works after the holidays.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, in that my BT TV contract ends in January, so if I can't get it to work I'll just cut my losses.

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions - I'll report back if I make any progress.

Merry Christmas!

0 Ratings